Tuesday, September 21, 2004

I Wish I Understood

I don't know if you've heard, but there was a wreck yesterday on I-75 in Sherman that killed 10 people. If you're anywhere near Dallas, you probably have heard it on the news. A tractor trailer crossed over the median and wiped out two cars. The first was a truck carrying seven Mexican nationals, probably in America working to send money to their families. Five of the seven were killed. The second was an SUV carrying 72 year-old Besty Woods, her daughter Lisa Woods Martin, 32, and Lisa's three kids- Chance, 4; Brock, who would have been 3 next month; and Reid, born in July. All five were killed. In any circumstance this would be tragic, but it hits particularly hard because of their relationship to me. Betsy's husband Jim is my grandpa's best friend, and Betsy was the best friend of my grandmother who I never knew, (also a good friend of the grandma I do know.) Their kids were friends with my mom, aunt, and uncle. I hurt for Jim, for Lisa's brothers and sister, and especially for her husband Michael. (Michael's dad, Michael Martin, was the Basketball coach at ACU for awhile.)

Anyway, I'm just posting this to ask for prayers for their family. I can't even imagine the pain they're going through. It makes my problems seem so small and it also wakes me up. I take so many people for granted. I don't understand why things have to happen the way they do. I can't wrap my mind around it. It makes me angry and it upsets me and I just don't get it. I guess I'm not really supposed to, though. No easy answers here. Please just pray.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I will definitely be in prayer for all of those families and also for you and your family.

RPorche said...

I heard about that wreck yesterday through the connection to ACU. I'm sorry for your loss, Jennifer. Praying.