Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Potpourri

I have the utmost respect for pumpkin canners. Seriously.

Today we carved a pumpkin in class and then we cooked the seeds. The kids had a blast and I discovered I have mad pumpkin carving skills. I also discovered that the orange slimy stuff in pumpkins is really gross. I can't imagine having to stand around all day separating slime from seeds. Then again, is that really a job? I don't know. I'm just glad I don't have it.


So, just a little over a month until graduation and I still don't know what to do. I'm swinging back to the other side now, thinking about not staying. I just don't have a clue. What should I do? I generally like it when other people tell me what to do when a big decision is impending, so I'd love your input. Melanie's post the other day just almost convinced me to stay for sure, but there's so much more involved than just wanting to be here.


Homecoming this weekend was fun! I got to see many friends who have graduated and moved on, got to spend alot of time with Joy, Sharon, Rach, Kendall, and my old roommate Jen, who I rarely see even though we're both still in Abilene. Breakfast was fun, GATA won second place for our float (which was REALLY cute,) and I slept through the game! Awesome. The homecoming musical, Kiss Me Kate, was also incredible. I love going to musicals! ACU seriously puts on some amazing productions. The talent is outrageous.


I'm so tired, and I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. This weekend is ACU Fall Break, which student teachers don't get, but I won't complain, because I get a whole week for Thanksgiving. Saturday is my birthday (23...wow,) so please send lots of gifts. I accept bills in any denomination over $20, and checks can be made out to me. My favorite colors are pink and red, and I love jewelry, crosses, music, children's books, and frogs. That should be a good enough start. :)

2 comments:

Val said...

Mine is Friday (as you may have noticed from my blog). Happy B-Day to you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day at home with your family. I wanted to get you some really cool postage stamps for your birthday, but didn't know where to find any! See you Monday.
Kendra