Sunday, October 17, 2004

Pros and Cons

Recent development: I'm thinking about staying in Abilene until June. I mean, it would be great to be back home and to see my family and friends, but there are just so many reasons to stay here for awhile longer! I'm not for sure what I'll be doing yet, but here are my thoughts about staying in Abilene vs. going home.

Going Home:
1. I'd be able to live with my parents for awhile and save some money. (Then again, I don't really need to save money. I mean, money is always good to have, but I'll be making plenty of it once I start teaching.)

2. I would get to spend time with my family and my two friends that are still in Irving. (But, my family and friends will all still be there when I get back in June. It's only a could extra months I'll be here. God willing, I'll have plenty of time with them.)

3. I could get a cute little dog. (However, convincing my parents to let me have one at home isn't highly probable.)

That's about it. (And none are really great reasons.)


Staying in Abilene:
1. My roomie is staying for six more months after graduation, so I'll still have someone to live with.

2. There's no reason to rush the future. I'm not planning to get a teaching job until August, so there's really no reason to leave now. As long as I can make money to pay rent and bills while I'm here, I might as well stay and have some fun in the place that's come to be my home.

3. I have so many friends here! I only have a couple at home (as mentioned above,) but there are tons here. At home I would probably be bored and lonely, but here I'll be able to continue developing great relationships.

4. I love Highland. There's a possibility that I can work there again next semester, which would be awesome. It would be more reliable and enjoyable than any job I could get at home. I love the people that work there, I love hearing Mike preach, I LOVE my worship team (they're so hilarious,) and I love the kids in the children's ministry.

5. I would get to be around for another Sing Song. I have so many friends that are going to be involved, and it would just be great to get to watch them experience that firsthand.

6. Frankly, I'm just not ready to go home.


So, as long as I can get a job where I make enough money to pay what I need to, I'm hoping to stay here. We'll wait and see what God wants me to do. It's definitely not set in stone, but I'm hoping it will happen. I could use lots of prayers (and any advice) about making the right decision here.

1 comment:

RPorche said...

Whew! I'm having a hard time keeping up with you!