Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Lubbock and Christmas Tree Sweaters

It's Tuesday night, and I only have one more day of school this week! We're off Thursday for Veteran's Day, and Friday my teachers are being gracious enough to let me have a day off. What am I going to do with this extended weekend? Going to Lubbock! "Why am I spending a long weekend in the exciting metropolis of Lubbock?" you ask. I'm going to Lubbock to see four of my best friends in the whole world! I've never actually been to Lubbock, and while I don't imagine it to be a very exciting city, I'm ecstatic because I get to see my girls! We're having a "big girls slumber party" on Friday night, which should be the highlight of the weekend. This is the last time I'm going to see them for awhile, and the first time that this many of us have been together since graduation.

On another note, I got a collar, a tag, and a book about Dachshunds this past weekend. (Did I already post that?) So now, Bailey has a hot pink collar, a bone shaped tag that reads "Bailey Walker" (BW-same initials as Bruiser Woods, the inspiration for my dog,) and she will soon have a red christmas tree sweater with a star that lights up. Seriously. OK, so maybe not seriously, but I'm definitely considering it. Maybe for next Christmas. She'll probably still be too small this year.

--------------------

I'm leaving Abilene, but I don't want to leave. I don't know what I want to do, but today, leaving is definitely not it. I don't like change. I don't want to have to deal with this.


2 comments:

RPorche said...

I like Bailey. You have my approval. I hope you have a fun trip!

Mandy said...

Contrary to popular belief, Lubbock is actually fun place. I went up there a few weeks ago and had a blast. It's bigger than Abilene and there is a lot more to do. I hope you have a great trip and tons of fun with your girls! I am way jealous of your dog too- I want a dog so bad but my roommates say we can only get a dog if we can get a cat and I'm allergic to cats so no puppy! If you ever need a dog sitt though you know who to call!! Have a great long weekend!