Saturday, December 04, 2004

Finito!

Well, student teaching, with the exception of a staff development day on Monday, is finished. I absolutely cannot believe that this semester is over. When I started blogging, the countdown to graduation was seven months. Now it's one week. This is all so surreal.

Student teaching was wonderful, as you've been able to tell from my entries. My last day was great, and the kids made some fun stuff for me to take away as souveniers of my time with them. I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am for this experience. It was life changing, no doubt. It's also possible that I'll have a real teaching job next semester, but I'll blog about that when I know a little bit more. I'm worn out, but thankfully my body waited until after teaching was over to launch a full-scale attack on me. Being sick is no fun, but if it's going to happen, at least it waited until I wasn't around the kids. I was sick for the first month of student teaching, but that happened before I even started. Somehow I managed to evade a couple cases of lice as well as several different illnesses, but now my time has (once again) come.

Thanks for reading and being an emotional outlet during my student teaching! I can't wait to tell you what's going to be happening next in my life, and I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I find out myself!


1 comment:

RPorche said...

Thanks for sharing the journey of student teaching with us. And thanks for checking on Layne.