It's been a week since I updated, but it doesn't seem like it's been any time at all. It's amazing how time goes by so fast. I've been teaching for four weeks now. Wow. If next week goes by as quickly as this one did, I'll be in Abilene before I can say "Sing Song!"
Not much to speak of has gone on at school. I've had three birthdays in my class in the past week. One of the moms decided to come throw a party for her little girl at the very end of school today. Without asking me. At the busiest time of the whole day. This mom has been bugging me since I started, so this was just one more thing to add. Fortunately, I get over stuff really quickly. Ugh.
In the past week, I've visited Farmer's Branch Church of Christ three times, and I've found my home! I absolutely love it! The singles group is great, the worship is great, the preacher is great, and I've already been contacted by the children's minister! He invited me to come to a meeting at his house next week to help with some planning stuff. I just can't believe how quickly I'm already getting plugged in! This has been such an answered prayer. I was so worried about finding a place that would feel as right as Highland did to me, but I think I've found it. They have tons of great ministries, and they're really into service. This summer, they're taking a group to Haiti for a mission trip, and I'm seriously considering going. I'm scared out of my mind, but I'm considering it. I've always felt somewhat called to missions, and I've denied that calling for the most part, because I'm just so scared. I'm excited to see what this opportunity brings about.
I'm out for now. Like I said, the weeks are flying by, so who knows the next time I'll post. Hopefully it'll be before Sing Song next week. Sing Song is NEXT WEEK! Yessssss!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
my old youth minister Ryan Rainey is the Junior High Minister there...if you ever meet him say hi for me.
This is good news. Robin Smith is a mentor of mine from my summer in San Antonio. If you ask me, I would say you should get involved with the Praise Team!!!
Post a Comment