Saturday, February 26, 2005

The Dogs and the Bees

Friday, I got to babysit my favorite boys in the world, Isaiah (6) and Nathaniel (3) Ogren, overnight. I took Bailey with me and we all had a great time. They really liked putting her on her leash and running around with her. They also liked getting inside of her cage.
Isaiah is, in my opinion, the smartest and most profound six year-old I know. The funny things he’s said to me over our six-year history would totally fill this blog. This morning, at about 6:45 after Isaiah woke me up and I was still mostly asleep, we had a funny (yet typical) conversation. It went something like this.


“Miss Jenny, I forgot. Is Bailey a boy or a girl?”

“A girl.”

“Oh, good. So that means she can have pups.”

“Well actually, we’re not going to let Bailey have pups.”

“What do you mean you’re not going to let her have pups?”

“Well, we just aren’t going to let her.”

“But how can you keep them from coming out?”

“Well, we just won’t let her get married. If she doesn’t get married she can’t have pups.”

“But getting married is the only way to make friends.”

“Well, you can still make friends if you aren’t married.”

“Yeah, but married is the best kind of friend.”

“That’s true, so maybe we’ll let her get married but just not let her have pups.”

“Yeah, you can just not feed her for awhile. If she doesn’t eat, she can’t have pups, cause she won’t get fat.”

“Oh really? Will that work?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay.”


He also told me that he ain’t as young as he used to be and that he keeps his teacher on her toes. No doubt.

Oh, how I love that little boy.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Um.. so cute! That was the perfect story to read in the midst of writing this exegesis paper. Thank you so much for sharing! I love reading all your stories! Kids are great!

Holly said...

Aww... that is definately cute!