Thursday, February 24, 2005

The Sing Song Entry

It was great. It really was. Kendall and ViVi did it again, although they'll never admit it was them. Sure the kids are a major part of it, but if it weren't for those people, that show wouldn't even happen.

I was sad, but also happy. I can't believe I wasn't onstage. I didn't cry, though, so obviously I'm getting over it. The Hosts and Hostesses were great, the classes and clubs were (mostly) great. Sub-T had the most planned show they've had in years, and their director on the Hover-round was just par for the course. Magnifico! Freshman class was also awesome. I can't believe that someone finally pulled off the piano thing. Our seats were a little bit too high up for my tastes (I've always preferred the floor when attending anything in Moody,) but other than that, it was wonderful.

Other than Sing Song, the rest of the weekend was awesome, too. I got to hang out with alot of my friends that I haven't seen in a long time, especially BFMF and Ryan. I also got to hang out with my wonderful friends that I saw just last month, but I was no less greatful for my time with them than with the others. I stayed with the Lewises, which is always a blessing. I love those people so much. If Brett wasn't my little brother, I'd want Patrick to be, and Casey pretty much already is my little sister. Mark and Gina are such role models to me, as well. They're how I want to be when I grow up. (Although I'm putting that "growing up" thing off as long as possible.) Highland was amazing on Sunday morning, and as much as I'm beginning to love Farmer's Branch, I think I'll consider Highland my home for many years to come. And Abilene, for that matter. I also got to spend time with my brother and also attempted to become a little bit cultured by attending a portion of the Abilene Opera Association's 2005 show. One sad part is that I didn't get to see Kendra...sorry for that, K! I wish I'd gotten there earlier!

I have alot more to say, about many other things than just Sing Song, but it's late, and I'm a teacher, so I've got to get along to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: