Tonight I saw The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Now I'm no movie reviewer, so I don't really know if this was "technically" a good movie. In a spiritual sense, though, I can say it was really good. Bottom line is that both God and Satan exist or they don't. There can't be one without the other. And as I read in some review online, either idea is a scary one. A different kind of scary, but scary nonetheless.
While I don't believe that Spirit-filled people can be posessed, I definitely believe that demons can take posession of people's bodies. Several of my friends who I saw the movie with went to Haiti, where VooDoo is the main religion, on a mission this summer. They said that many people will open themselves up for posession to make themselves stronger or for whatever the reason may be. I believe this can definitely happen. I also believe that it is possible for demons to posess unwilling (or perhaps unknowing) people. I don't, however, believe that Christians can be taken over. That's my one problem with the Emily Rose movie. Where God inhabits, Satan cannot. This isn't to say that Christians can't be attacked by demons, it's just that the demons cannot take over without permission. God is more powerful than Satan, and through the Lord Jesus Christ, we have the power to completely overcome evil. If we are in Christ, nothing can separate us from him! Whether this is a good catalyst or not, I will say that the movie definitely encourages me to walk a little closer with the Lord. I don't want there to be any possible way to give Satan even the tiniest place to get inside and fill me this way. If I'm filled with Christ, there won't even be any room. Hallelujah for that!
***************
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels not demons, neither the present not the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comment:
Very wise, you are...
well omg we need to talk soon b/c not 10 minutes after we talked, it was like holyspirit.com, and everything is fine now! yesss!
k details later! bye!
Post a Comment