Well, not exactly. That's a bit of an exaggeration. I do, however, terribly miss my Texas friends transplanted to Tennessee. Yesterday as I heard the familiar twang of George Strait on the radio singing this song, I thought of them. It also made me really glad to be a Texan...you know, I just don't think they have songs like this about Connecticut or Utah. I love that I hail from such a spirited place. If I ever had to live anywhere else, though, it would definitely be Tennessee, the second best state. Katey, Mollie, Cole and Ryan, I love you! Come back to the Promised Land!
If it Wasn't for Texas
by Jones and White
There wouldn't be no Alamo,
No Cowboys in the Superbowl
No "Lonesome Dove," no "Yellow Rose,"
If it wasn't for Texas
I wouldn't be a Willie fan,
Nobody'd swim the Rio Grande.
I wouldn't be an American,
If it wasn't for Texas.
I'd never've gone to Tennessee,
To sing my songs and chase my dreams.
Only Heaven knows just where I'd be,
If it wasn't for Texas.
Fort Worth would never cross my mind,
It made me the man I am,
Thank God for my old stompin' ground.
I wouldn't be standin' right here, right now,
If it wasn't for Texas.
If it wasn't for Texas.
If it wasn't for Texas.
4 comments:
JERK!!! As if I haven't been homesick enough (as shown in my recent posts), this has upped it! I miss you too!!! I hate that I can't come home for Homecoming this year... but if nothing else, I'll see you in February... right?!
Hey! Thanks. Yeah, I think protege is the right word (?). I think it'll be fun this year. Of course, not as fun as when you were around :). And yes, I'll definitely kiss the Massey baby for you when I see him. Have a good day!
--Josh
Hey Jenn,
Thanks for the comment...I've revised it and am working out some stuff...It's not very easy these days though, but the Lord is faithful.
DON'T ENCOURAGE THIS!!! Katey...you can NOT leave. The clear answer to this issue is for everyone in Texas...EVERYONE...to move HERE. Enough said. :)
Post a Comment