Thursday, September 08, 2005

Scattered

So my head is literally in a thousand different places right now. Well, maybe not literally, but it sure feels like it. It's also a really good excuse for not blogging in over a week. I've wanted to, really I have. I've just been so busy.

I had weddings/wedding celebrations both Friday and Saturday nights. Friday night was the wedding of my sweet friends KayLane and David. KayLane from GATA and Farmer's Branch, and her husband just from FB. Precious people. Saturday night was James and Kristi, my best friend from junior high and high school. She got married in Victoria, British Columbia back in June. Her husband is from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. I mean, how cool would it be to be from a place called that? Very cool. That's what I say. They met a few years ago in Paris. France, not Texas. What a perfect story. Anyway, I got to meet James for the first time on Saturday, and he was precious, as well. I don't know that either of these guys would appreciate being called precious, but they really are.

KayLane's wedding was cool, complete with a punch fountain AND chocolate fountain. I'd have to say that Kristi's wedding dinner celebration really took the cake, though, (pun intended.) Kristi's mom is from Irving and her dad is from Iran. This makes Kristi half Irvinian and half Iranian. Her wedding dinner reflected that. The cuisine was fajitas from Don Pablos, their family's favorite restaraunt, and Iranian food. Quite a combination. There was also a mariachi band playing out by the pool in their backyard. Kristi kept saying, "this can't be happening," her dad kept dancing, and I kept laughing at them all...mariachi band included. Seriously, though, it was so much fun. It was perfect. The band was awesome and the fajitas were great, too. I'll have to admit that I didn't try the Iranian food. I went to PF Changs the night before with Jen, Kim, and Misty after the wedding, and three different ethnic cuisines within 24 hours is just a bit too much for me.

***************

So for once, the problem with me not blogging as that now I actually have too much I want to say. Our small group at church met several hurricane victim families on Sunday night at a hotel in Irving. We had a blessed evening getting to meet and hang out with them. I'll write more about that later, because we still have a ways to go with that. Hopefully I'll know some more about what exactly is going on with all of them by this weekend.

***************

Tonight was Meet the Teacher at school. I've made it through my first one. I only had parents of 6 or 7 kids show up, but it's okay. That's pretty reflective of where we are. It went very well, and I found out that I have two parents who are Irving Police officers, and they've totally got my back. That said, it would probably be a good idea if you stay out of my way, because I've got the law on my side. Next time I have a screaming parent, I've got backup just a phone call away.

***************

At school today, I was chosen to be on some special science committee and nominated to be on a committee that sends kids to alternative school. If I make that one, I'll probably be like, the most popular teacher there. Kind of like homecoming queen. Except not at all. Yeah.

***************

I really want to see The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Does that make me weird? Actually, it doesn't. It just confirms it. I read a review of it from a christian viewpoint, and he had good things to say. I love scary stuff and spiritual stuff like that really interests me. If comes out tomorrow, but I don't think I'll be seeing it then. Maybe I will sometime soon.

***************

Tomorrow night is the first Irving High home football game. They won last week. I'm pretty sure they'll take state this year. In my dreams, anyway.

Last Friday, the Dallas Cowboys coaching staff announced the cuts from training camp and the pre-season. This guy made the cut. The first hometown (Irving) boy to play for the Cowboys. In case you watched any of their pre-season games, he made two touchdowns last Thursday, and one the Saturday before. He prevented Thursday's game from going into overtime and won the game for the team. Way to go, man! Tyson was the IHS running back my junior and senior year and led us to the playoffs as a senior. Thanks to Tyson, I got to direct the band on the field at Texas Stadium. I'll never forget it. (At least not for a long time.) I didn't exactly know him, but I directed a bunch of fight songs for him. :)

***************

This morning as I drove to school, in the lane next to me and one car up was a truck that had his window down. Sticking out of this window was a hand. In this hand was a cigarette. On the wrist connected to a hand was a yellow Lance Armstrong bracelet. See the irony here? Live strong, buddy. Live strong.

***************

So now do you believe me when I said that my head is literally in a thousand different places? I've actually spared you from a few. Consider yourself lucky.

3 comments:

FeedingYourMind said...

OH MY GOSH! I would have NEVER guessed you wanted to see that movie! BUT, IF you are willing to hangout with my loser self two weekends in a row, you are more than welcome to go to one of your favorite restaurants (Chili's) with Holly, Laura, Makiyo, Makiyo's mom, and I tomorrow night and then afterwards, Holly and Laura and I are going to go see that movie! I'm SOOOO pumped to see it too! I totally don't think I believe in demon possession, and since this is based on a true story I'm SOOOO interested! I'll give you a call tomorrow (call me if i forget and haven't called you by 5 PM).

Blessings!

Jennifer said...

did kimberly smith just write "blessings" in the comment area?

i must be seeing things.

;-)

FeedingYourMind said...

It appears she did. Should that be Kimberly Smith, I suppose. No where do I claim to be Kimberly SMITH in the blogsphere, but I suppose that "kimberly" did state "blessings," but my understanding is that she doesn't necessarily tie that word to "Godly" blessings as do a lot of people. From what I understand, she believes blessings can come from others or life in general (though those "life in general" blessings would be the ones that most people associate with God)! ;)