Last night was the great pumpkin carving party that Jerica and Joy threw. We had a blast!
The Derek Zoolander "Magnum" pumpkin was definitely the most creative, with the "Blue Steel" pumpkin in a very close second.
My Trick or Treat pumpkin. Since I won't actually be having Trick or Treaters, I'm going to give it to my parents for their porch on Halloween night. I've made drastic imporovements in pumpkin carving since last year. Check my November 2004 blogs for evidence.
This evening I got a call from my mom telling me that I had two boxes from amazon.com at the house. I couldn't believe that someone had actually ordered something off my wishlist! It was quite possibly the best birthday surprise ever. Books really excite me. Thank you so much to Katie and Kasey! You girls completely made my day today and totally kicked off my birthday weekend!
This time last year I was with my precious college roommate Melody who drove up to Irving from LaGrange to surprise me for the weekend. I was right in the middle of student teaching and having an absolute blast. I was also devastated at the thought of leaving Abilene. Funny how much things change in just one year.
Saturday night we're going to see Chris Tomlin at Nokia, Sunday night we're going to Dave and Busters for small group, and Monday night we're totally taking in a Haunted House. After the haunted house, I plan to wait in the most sincere pumpkin patch I can find all night in hopes that the Great Pumpkin will visit it. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! On Monday I'm taking a "mental health day," which will hopefully see me through to Thanksgiving, and on Tuesday I'm observing a teacher at another school. Do you have any idea what this means?!? NO CHILDREN UNTIL TUESDAY! Now that's what I call a birthday gift. :)
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comment:
Im precious???? How exciting!!!
Post a Comment