Friday, October 28, 2005

Halloween Craziness

The kids are drawing pictures of their halloween costumes this morning, and one of my little ones just came up to me and said, "Miss Walker, guess what my mom is going to be for Halloween!" She told me what it was, but I wasn't really listening. Then, she said, "And our neighbor is going to dress her husband up as a woman! And my mom is going to dress up my dad as a woman, too!" TMI, honey. TMI.

Today is also jersey day (as in sports jersey, not New Jersey,) for Red Ribbon Week. One of my boys walked up to me and said, "Miss Walker, do you know why I love Madonna so much?" I was a bit puzzled, thinking that this isn't the type of kid who would like Madonna or even know who she is. I told him no, I did not know why he loved Madonna so much, at which he pointed to his jersey and replied, "Because he's on the Stars!" I quickly told him that it was pronounced Mo-don-oh not Ma-don-ah. As in Mike Modano.

I also just learned that children respond better when you talk to them in robot voice.

I have a feeling today is going to be insane. Hopefully in a good way. More updates may follow.

No comments: