If you've never been to the State Fair of Texas, it's something that I highly recommend you experience at some point in your life. While I'm sure that most fairs are pretty similar, there's nothing quite like a fair that's been built around a football stadium in the middle of the ghetto. And trust me, I should know. One time I went to the West Texas Fair in Abilene. The grounds are mostly surrounded by miles of open plains and expensive homes. It is next to a football field, though, so that must count for something. Anyway, I digress. That has absolutely nothing to do with my trip to the State Fair. I just wanted to state my credentials for reporting that there's nothing like the State Fair of Texas. Onto the pictures!
Our group at the fair (L to R, click to enlarge:) Rachel, Felicia, Matt, Jerica, David, me, Joy, and Aaron. I think all eight of us were actually together for about 20 whole minutes throughout the night.
Matt and I (Matt and me?) doing the whole "stretch your arm out and take a picture of yourself" trick. We were trying to get a picture with the Texas Star ferris wheel. If you look really closely, it's right behind the random letters "I" and "P" that are between our heads. It just looks like some red lights in a circle.
Jerica and me imitating some scary hair band rocker. Sad as it is, I think I'm doing a pretty good job. Too bad I wasn't wearing blue eye shadow. Whoever can tell me who this guy is wins a big prize. Don't ask for a personal blog entry. It's been done.
Chronological State Fair wrap-up in 50 words or more: traffic, bad directions, scary HOV lane, Waxahachie, pig races, Indian Art, crinkle-cut slicers, dachshund socks, swan boats, baby carrots, inflatable kangaroo, (not a) butterfly garden, corn dogs, low-budget parade, fried everything, pink elephant, auto show, incredible fireworks display, auto show again, carny hook-up, near-molestation experience, Texas Star, fun house, macarena, Australian carnies, molten lava cake.
Obviously, a good time was had by all.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
5 comments:
I don't know his name, but I think he's from the band Twisted Sister...
I look drunk in the picture. Must have been something in that corndog...or maybe the funhouse got a bit rowdy...I can't seem to recall.
You wore sandals to the State Fair?! You are either brave or dumb- that's gross JWalk. And, you had an almost molestation experience?! With mine in the West End and yours at Fair Park, we will have great stories. Was yours a drunk homeless man too?
Katey,
Seriously...didn't you read the Wicked entry? I've walked through Fair Park barefoot. Sandals were a major improvement. They actually keep the place very clean. And the near molestation was Joy, not me. :) It was very funny.
Looks like it was a blast!! I'm so glad you got to go, maybe I'll come down for the fabulous State Fair someday...everyone I've talked to said it was a very "unique experience"...well hope you are having a great monday! love you!
Post a Comment