Have you ever tried to put someone's hair back on? I have.
Have you ever scolded a child for touching poop on the bathroom floor? I have.
Have you ever listened to a group of children that is 95% hispanic sing songs about America? I have.
Such is the life of an elementary school teacher. I could go on, but I think you get the picture. That pretty much sums up my life as of late, so you can see why I haven't been updating so much. It really is time consuming. I leave my house at 6:40 in the morning and usually get home around 5:00. I like teaching and don't mind the hours. They go by quickly because the job is never boring, but I can't really picture myself doing this for the next thirty or so years. I love kids and think they're so important, but I can't help but wonder if there's another capacity in which I can work with them. I'd love to be a children's book publisher. If anyone knows someone in that biz, hook me up. :)
Today, one of my little girls definitely lost her ponytail. As in, it completely came off. Fortunately and unfortunately, it wasn't real hair. Since I'm not African-American, I don't really know how to do hair the way they do it and so I couldn't really help her much when she came and ASKED ME TO PUT IT BACK ON! Um, yeah. It was interesting. Little kids are funny. And sometimes they're really gross. Another little boy came up to me and told me that a little boy touched his "privacy" in the bathroom. Oh, kids. Seriously. I know it's really interesting and all, but keep your hands to yourself. Especially in the bathroom.
This weekend is our Fall retreat for church, and it's supposed to be a high of 68 degrees on Thursday and Friday! Hallelujah! Autumn is finally here! It's getting cooler every day. Marcus Brecheen is speaking at our retreat this weekend. His dad, Carl Brecheen, was my bible teacher for two classes in college. I can't wait to hear him speak, and I am so excited about this weekend! Sunday after the retreat, I'm going with a bunch of church friends to see "Wicked," this year's State Fair Musical. I'm reading the book right now to try to know the whole story before I see it. At the rate I'm going, there's no way I'll finish it before the show, but here's hoping.
I've been to two more weddings within the past two weeks, both of which were wonderful. My roommate's good friend got married last Saturday night. We both grew up with her, but Kim was much closer to her than I was. Anyway, the wedding was at the country club and the reception was at this incredible restaraunt/club on the 26th floor of a tower in Las Colinas. From it, we could see the Dallas skyline and all the lights around Irving. It was absolutely gorgeous. Definitely the best wedding reception I've ever been to. It made me want to have a dance floor at my wedding, but I'm pretty sure all of my church of Christ friends and family wouldn't know what to do with it. This past Saturday was precious Kelli Hooper's wedding (and JoeDan, too,) and it was perfect. Simple ceremony. Short, sweet, and to the point. I loved it. It's rare to be at a wedding where either the bride or groom doesn't tear up. Kelli and JoeDan didn't. They were giddy with happiness, and I absolutely loved it. They had a morning wedding and served lunch at the reception. They left from there and went straight to the airport for their honeymoon, so they actually got to spend their wedding night in Mexico. I think that's the way to do it.
Oh yeah. Also in the past couple of weeks, I've been thinking of moving to Italy to teach next year. My friend and I are looking into it, and I think it would be incredible. If I don't move there, I definitely want to visit next summer. It seems so exciting, but at the same time, I can't imagine being gone for an entire year to a foreign country.
I hope that you are having an awesome week and that it only gets better from here!
PS- Happy Birthday, Ryan Porche!
PPS- Happy Rosh Hashanah, Kristi (who isn't Jewish!)
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
4 comments:
I really enjoy your blog, I will definitely put this in my favorites. I'll be back often!
Come see mine sometime.... http://djshawn112.blogspot.com
You will LOVE Wicked. It is 100 times better than the book!! We saw it in San Francisco in August and it was so good... I want to see it again!
So....I read your brother's girlfriend's blog. Well, enough to make me ill :) Have a great day! You should tell me about her.
First of all, I love hearing about your kid stories! I hope you have more to share next weekend! Second, I'm dying to see Wicked! I want to see it on Broadway...Rue McClanahan(Blanche on Golden Girls) is starring in it. Third, I really can't allow you to move to Italy. That is entirely too far away. However, I would get to come and visit you, so that would be fun. Hum....I'll have to think about this a little more. Can't wait to see you at Homecoming!
Post a Comment