If you know anything about Saturday Night Live, today's title is familiar. My weekend has nothing to do with Saturday Night Live except for the fact that Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite) hosted this weekend and I FORGOT TO ASK MY MOM TO TAPE IT! Ugh. Oh well. I really don't even like SNL anymore, but I had wanted to see Napoleon do his thing. That said, this weekend was so awesome that I didn't even think about missing it until I got home.
The retreat was awesome. There is such a difference between going on a retreat when you don't know anyone and actually being a real member of the group. The retreat in April was great, also, but it's so much nicer when you feel comfortable with who you are in your setting. The theme of the weekend was "Filling," and this weekend was mostly about making deep spiritual realizations tangible and learning how to apply them to our lives. Marcus Brecheen was the speaker and he was absolutely incredible. His dad was definitely one of the best teachers I had at ACU, so it was really fun to get to hear him speak. He was as knowledgeable as his dad, but the topics were quite a bit different. He talked the same way, made lists the same way, and looked alot like him. I kept waiting for him to say "Welllllllllllllllllll" or pause for a long time to pull out his handkerchief and wipe his nose. (I know my fellow classmates from those days will appreciate that.) Marcus didn't do either of those, but he was very similar to his dad in many other ways. He is an amazing minister who is incredibly gifted. He had some really great things to say. Jamie and Jessica Kirby were our worship leaders this weekend and they were great, as well. Jamie looked a whole lot like Ty Pennington and had a similar personality. He wasn't obnoxious, though. Both of the Kirbys are blessed with the gift for leading worship, and their ministry is awesome. Check them out here. The weekend was awesome. It is so good to be worshipping, learning, and having fun together with friends in the presence of the Lord!
Wicked this afternoon was AWESOME! Of course, it would've been better if we hadn't missed the first 45 minutes of the show. Note to self: never go see a show on Texas/OU weekend. Traffic was horrendous, so we pulled up in front of the music hall about ten after 2:00. The lots were full, including the valet lot, so we had to go park about a mile away in State Fair parking where we hitched a ride on a tram that took us approximately 1000 feet. I'm not kidding or exaggerating. So we still had about 4/5 of a mile to walk to get to the hall. At this point, it's about 2:25. We jog across the fair to get to the music hall as quickly as possible as to not miss any more than we already had. OK, so we didn't exactly jog, but we did walk at a VERY quick pace. Fortunately, I was wearing heels that do not stay on the feet very well. The only choice I had to try to stay up with the rest of the group was to chuck the shoes off and walk barefoot through the State Fair. That's right. I walked barefoot through the State Fair. The Lord prepared my way and made sure there was no broken glass, needles, or loogies on the groud. Thanks for that. When we were almost there, my feet started to feel like they were bleeding so I put the shoes back on. It was a lose/lose situation. When we got in, the feet were not bleeding, but they were covered with painful blisters. Please pray that I don't get AIDS or any other kinds of crazy diseases that could come through the feet. If you are familiar at all with the Fair Park area, you know that this is quite possible. :)
So that catches you up with this weekend for me. Hope that you had a great one, as well!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comment:
K, just catching up on everything. Glad Wicked was awesome! Wow, you walked through the State Fair Grounds barefooted- what did you do with my friend JWalk?! I gagged just thinking about it. Anyone named Brecheen HAS to be just like Carl, it should be a rule. Dang it, I didn't call you back- I'm a jerk!
Post a Comment