Friday, October 07, 2005

You can see where I get my looks.

Every morning on the drive to school, I listen to Kidd Kraddick in the Morning. This morning I heard them reference ecarny.com, but didn't really think much about it. When I got to school, I logged onto their website to look at something else, and I saw a link to the online matchmaking service. Out of curiosity, I clicked.


When I saw this picture, it cracked me up. It reminded me of an email I'd gotten from Melody awhile back that scarred me for life. Actually, I'll just post that picture, too. I thought he was the man they'd photoshopped onto the dog. Turns out he's not, but I know I've seen this guy somewhere online before. I mean, guys with skullets tend to get around.

Anyway, I was looking at these pictures this morning and laughing to myself. One of my little girls was standing at a table near me putting away her play-doh and she wondered what I was laughing about, so she came over to take a look. When she saw the picture, she said, "Is that your dad?" (The carny, not the dog.) I was kind of taken aback, and said, "What?" She repeated her question, to which I laughed pretty hard and said, "No. That is definitely not my dad." I was laughing as I said it, so I guess that gave her reason not to believe me. She came up and started tickling me, saying, "Liar! Liar! Liar! That is too your dad!" I assured her that it wasn't and showed her a picture of my dad, where she made remarks about my brother's glasses and hair and chin. Seriously. She didn't say anything negative about the carny, but she found my totally cute brother funny.

I just can't believe that she thought that was my father. I mean, seriously.

2 comments:

Ellison said...

Your dad is a carny! I can see the resemblance between you and your carny dad. And how about that freaky dog? Or, should I say mandog, or mog? Family reunions must be pretty interesting! Carnys...small hands.

Katie said...

Seriously, I think the mandog is looking at me. Freaky. I am watching a movie and trying not to laugh out loud. The next time I have a bad day and need a laugh, I am definitely going to your archives and coming back to this post! :)