Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Today was the 91st day of first grade. Too bad it wasn't the 191st or we would've already been out of school for the summer for two days.

I found out that they're accepting applications for the new school in Irving. That means I need to come up with some really good stuff to put on the questionnaire, in a timely manner. I really like the school that I'm at, but I think it would be so great to get to open a brand new school. Next year, there will only be around 400 students, so it'll be at about half capacity. Only three to four teachers per grade level! Makes the competition a bit more stiff, but it would be really cool to work with such a small grade level team. Right now, there are eight teachers on my team and we're bursting at the seams with kids. We could definitely use another class. Twenty-one kids is way too many for one class, especially when the kids are supposed to be learning to basics for reading and math. A small staff with less kids would be really nice. Teaching second grade would be really nice, too. Prayers would be nice. I'm totally leaving it up to the Lord.


Last night at i55, Miller talked about faith. Faith is completely believing. It's believing enough to give up everything to him. All worry. All control. Not just my state of singleness and not just what I consider my future. Everything. That's hard, but so incredibly freeing. I decided last night that I'm giving it all up.

Financial worries have really been stressing me lately. I have plenty to make ends meet, but I want more than that. I want to be able to buy a house someday and I want to have enough to live without worrying about if I'll have enough. I want to be debt free and I want to be able to save. And on top of all that, I want to be able to give, which is actually the first thing I need to be doing. Last night I decided to give that all up to him. I still want it, no doubt, but I've just realized that me worrying about it isn't going to make it happen.

Now I don't want to say that anytime you decide to give something up the Lord will automatically reward you, but I am saying that I was blessed financially TWICE today! My grandparents gave me some money and I got my first paycheck from my new business which I wasn't expecting until next month. So whether that was direct or not, it was definitely encouraging.

Especially after the 91st day in first grade.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you arent coming! Jerk!

Anonymous said...

This guy Dustin that I go to church with called me! WOOHOO! He is graduating from the police academy on Friday AND he came to the cookout at my house. good times. good times.