Happy Mothers Day to my mom! I have been so incredibly blessed to have such an amazing family. Just since the house officially became mine on Wednesday, they've already put so much time into helping me get the place ready to move in. Dad totally re-did my little yard: pulled out the random trees and weeds that had grown up, got rid of all of the rocks that covered the yard, removed the stepping stones, and laid grass. Then he and I painted all day Saturday. My mom cleaned the whole place (I think cleaning might be one of her spiritual gifts,) and helped my dad finish painting after I left for church on Saturday. The downstairs is totally painted and it looks AMAZING!
Saturday afternoon, my brother was heading home from ACU for the summer. About three miles outside of Fort Worth, he got into a pretty bad wreck. I say bad because really, no wreck is good. By the grace of God, he's okay. Thank you, Jesus! Anyway, I'm so incredibly proud of him. The wreck was on I-30 and apparently some car threw on their brakes for some reason, causing a 6 or 7 car pile-up. Instead of moping around about the fact that his truck is in some impoundment lot, quite possibly totaled, he realized that he was in that wreck for a reason. He was far enough away from the car in front of him to only hit it at about 30 miles per hour. When he hit it, it didn't really do much. The truck behind him was pulling a trailer and hit him hard enough that it knocked the car in front of him up onto his hood, pretty much destroying that car. There was a little old lady driving the car in front of him, about 80 years old. If Brett hadn't been there, she probably would've been a whole lot worse off than she was. Dead. Scary. I love my little brother.
Meanwhile, chew on this: introspection. I'm pretty introspective. I think about what's going on inside of me alot. What I can do better, what I should or shouldn't have said, how I feel about this or that. Introspection keeps us focused on ourselves. When our focus changes from looking inside ourselves to looking at the Lord, everything changes. We no longer need to look in because everything we do is driven by who we're looking at. I wish I could say this the way it was said to me, but it's totally impacted me since I heard it on Friday night. Think on it and see if it helps you any.
Have a fabulous week! Pray that I'll keep my sanity in the midst of all the craziness!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment