I think I may have discovered the identity of the Antichrist.
No really. Stick with me for a minute, here. It's 10:00 on Monday night and I find myself sitting in my old bed at my parents house. There is no reason on earth why I should be here right now. I have a rockin new house with 99% of my stuff moved in and yet...I find myself here. "Why?" you ask. The Antichrist itself.
Reliant Energy.
Never, under any circumstances, use Reliant. Fortunately I've already switched my service over through Ignite so I won't have to deal with these people for much longer, but seriously. I can't remember the last time I've been this angry and/or frustrated. Here's the short version: my electricity was supposed to be turned on today and it wasn't. You may skip down two paragraphs if you aren't interested in my ranting. Now for the long version: From 1:00 pm- 10:00pm I was on the phone with Reliant SEVEN TIMES. Mixed in with that, I also got to talk to TXU four times and the City of Irving once. For the love!
Every single time they gave me a different story about why my power wasn't on and gave me someone different to call. Because I'm such a nice person, I was very polite but on the inside I just wanted to scream! The first couple of times it was because I needed a permit (which I didn't need,) then it was that I just needed to give them time because they had until midnight to turn it on. Finally, I called the actual service provider and they told me they'd never even received the order! So, I called back Reliant and they finally put me on with a supervisor. Who supposedly put in the order. Two hours later, TXU still hadn't received it. During the last phone call, the lady told me that the company who actually comes out to turn the service on came out and connected it using a different ESI number and it ended up providing service to all of the outside lights for my building. Which is perfect since the outside lights to the building were already working. Great. Thanks for that.
Anyway, she told me she was going to have to re-enroll me for service and it wouldn't be on until Thursday. I snapped. Well, snapped for me, anyway. Me snapping isn't really the same as most people snapping. I told her that was absolutely not acceptable and that the power would be on by the next day unless they wanted to pay for a hotel for me to stay in until it was on. Of course, with this I was sure to say "I know this really isn't your fault," and "I'm not upset with you, just with the company in general," several times. Seriously, though. They made me call back and forth between them and the company who executes the service they order. They wouldn't even do it themselves until I finally got to talk to a supervisor. UGH! It was pretty much the most stressful thing ever. Fortunately, I have amazing parents who took their prodigal daughter back in so I didn't have to sleep on the streets.
Then the latch to my trunk broke with a bunch of stuff in it (the trunk,) so I had to take down the back seats and crawl into the trunk to get stuff out. It was not a pretty picture. I now totally have the experience to be an extra on Law and Order: SVU. You know how they open the trunk and there's a dead person in the back? I could so play that part now.
So the upside is that your day was undoubtedly better than mine. Hopefully next entry will be a bit more cheery. Maybe even picture-filled!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
3 comments:
Walker, you make me laugh!
Sorry the electric companies are being stupid. Hope the rest of your week goes better!
Ok, what was funny was after reading your first line- I really thought you might be putting forth an opinion on an Antichrist. Then, I just started laughing. Sorry things are so difficult before moving in. Can't wait to see pictures of the new place though!
I think I really would appreciate hearing your REAL thoughts on the "Antichrist."
I noted your capitalization of the title, so stuck with that...
Post a Comment