Saturday, August 05, 2006

Every time I've come home over the past few days, Bailey has been loose in the house. Every time before I've left, I've made sure that she is securely locked away in the kitchen. This is a necessary evil, as I'm not sure that she can quite control her potty habits yet and I haven't gotten a doggy door to let her run free. Today when I left, I turned the gate backwards so she couldn't step on the crossbar. Once again, she was waiting for me at the door when I walked in. I wondered how she was getting out of the kitchen, so I had the bright idea to put her back in the kitchen and watch her get out on her own. This is the result of the experiment:

My mom once had a dog named Spot who very likely escaped from the circus. I can't help but wonder if Bailey is a direct descendant.

5 comments:

RPorche said...

Awesome!

Kelli said...

I'd recommend an electric fence, but I think that is cruel. Hope you're doing great!

Ellison said...

Oh my gosh! That's HILARIOUS!

Katey said...

I feel like we need to talk and catch up. Since you insist that when you call I never answer, I will do the calling. Just make sure you pick up! :)

Anonymous said...

Your freakin dog is CRAZY! And when I say CRAZY, I mean like you :)