Good morning, Blogworld! I just learned from the blogger dashboard that I can now blog in Hindi. I seriously thought about giving it a try, but then it occured to me that I can't write in Hindi and you can't read in Hindi. At least I don't think you can. So I nixed that idea.
This song that Dana Hood used to sing in my early childhood classes just came to mind. Anytime we had good news, she would sing, "Insert good news here, what a happy day! Insert good news here, what a happy day! Insert good news here, what I happy day! What a happy happy happy happy day!" Of course she actually inserted the good news into that slot, so here's my good news.
"Jenny's home from school, what a happy day! Jenny's home from school, what a happy day! Jenny's home from school, what a happy day! What a happy happy happy happy day!"
I don't think it should make me so happy to not be doing what I've chosen to do for the rest of my life, but it SO does. I've been sick since last Friday, and yesterday was the worst. So, I let my VP know that I wouldn't be there today and proceeded to plan for a sub. As the day progressed I started feeling better, and this morning when I woke up, I felt better still! I still don't feel 100%, but definitely not bad enough to justify staying home from school. Since the sub was already arranged, though, I didn't feel right about taking away a day of pay from that poor substitute. Not poor literally, but you know what I mean.
So anyway, today has just been awesome so far! What a happy day! My husband made me breakfast in bed (chocolate chip pancakes) and we watched Saved by the Bell and Dawson's Creek re-runs. Then we bought tickets for the David Crowder Band concert in October at the House of Blues. I can't tell you how happy that makes me. DCB is definitely the best concert I've ever been to, and I can't wait to see them at such a fun venue! Too bad it's over five months away. Then Lucas left for work and I've just been vegging out with our litttle weenie dog. We call her "Weenie" so much nore often than "Bailey" that she now responds to both names. Awesome. Did I mention it's rainy outside? I love days like that! So now I have a gloomy day ahead of me with nothing planned other than relaxing and maybe writing a few thank you notes! Still not done with those. Then tonight we're making fajitas for dinner. AND I was inspired to blog. The only way this day could be any better is if Lucas were here with me. And if I were offered a new job today. That would be the best.
Only 19 days of school left when I go back tomorrow! It's so time for school to be out. I love my kids, but I'm ready to not see them for the next three months. I think they feel the same way. Nine months is alot of time to be stuck in a room with someone. I can't wait for the summer. I'm going to do NOTHING! Actually, that's not completely true. I'm also going to learn how to be a good wife, lay by the pool, read alot, and do a litle working out. Unless I get a job where I'll be working during the summer, which is totally possible. Don't you just love sentence fragments? I know I do!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comment:
hey girl,
yes I would really love for you to help with Britney's shower! I'll talk to about it at church sometime soon. :) Have a great week!
Post a Comment