Thursday, July 26, 2007

**UPDATE: Nevermind. Apparently the woman was flaky and indecisive. But praise be to God for that! We want to be in God's will, so we'll keep on trucking.**

So, Lucas and I put our house on the market July 13. We figured it would be on the market for several months, seeing as house average time on market is about 120 days. No one came to look for almost a week. Then, on Thursday and Friday nights we had people look. On Tuesday, the same woman who looked Friday night came back for a second showing. Wednesday morning, our agent had an offer on her desk when she got to the office. We countered the offer, they countered back, and we countered with a final. They didn't accept.

After all the prayers we'd lifted up over the house situation, we felt very peaceful about it and thanked the Lord for closing that door and having something better in store for us. We felt good about staying in our house awhile longer and even decided to leave it on the market only until school started, then take it off until next Spring if no other offers came along.

This morning, our agent called us back and told us they'd reconsidered. They were taking our final counter-offer.

It seems so crazy to me that it happened this way, but we are just trusting that the Lord knows what he's doing. We thought and prayed more about it and wondered if we were supposed to accept their change-of-heart offer. I mean, it's a pretty confusing thing when God seems to answer your prayer one way and then suddenly you're having to discern which way is actually the answer!

So after all the prayer, thought, and online house-hunting this afternoon, we decided to take their offer. What we thought would surely be a several month process turned out to be less than two weeks! If all goes well, the closing will be August 31. We're going to begin looking at houses on Saturday afternoon in Carrollton. Our prayer is that if this is supposed to happen, it will happen, and if it's not the Lord's will, it will be stopped before we go through with it. It is a very big step, and we'd love it if you would pray for us in this time, as well.

I'm kind of thinking maybe we should just move in with my parents for awhile to save up some money. ;-) I'm mostly just kidding, but it would be kind of fun for a month or two. I'm not sure that Lucas would feel the same way, though!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Yay for selling your house! That is great news! I bet Lucas secretly wishes y'all could live with your parents so you could hang out all the time, like a slumber party. haha!! Iam sure y'all will find a great home in Carrollton. Have a great weekend!!!

Ellison said...

OMG! Make up your mind crazy lady!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.