I'm officially a kindergarten teacher! The first two days have been wonderful. So much better than first grade ever even thought about being. I have seventeen children who, for the most part, I absolutely love. There is one little boy in particular that just makes me feel happy every time I look at him. He is probably the most precious kindergartener in the history of kindergarten. I'm not kidding. Of course, I have a couple of major toots, but that's to be expected. They ARE five years old, after all! Expect more kindergarten updates. I think they'll definitely be funnier than the first graders. One of them told me yesterday that we should have a rule that says no bringing trees inside the school from outside of the school. I mean, it's probably a decent idea and all, but do we really need to make it a rule? :) Anyway, kindergarten is definitely fun times.
And in other news, we aren't moving. I don't really have the time or energy to type out the whole story, but long story short, the house had major problems so we decided not to buy it. On the exact same day, the lady buying ours got cold feet and found a loophole in the contract so she could get out. Honestly, I'm not disappointed. The new house would've been great and all, but we feel that this is the right thing for us. Our house is coming off the market until the spring, and then we'll have another go at it.
The positives about not moving are not having to drive 30 minutes to work and getting to go to San Francisco with Lucas in October! If we'd moved, we wouldn't have been able to afford for me to tag along with him to San Fran. So, I'm very excited about that.
It's been a crazy busy past few weeks, and things don't seem to be slowing down any! I've been working up at school nonstop, and our free time has been spent with each other and our fun new married friends! I love having friends who we can both hang out with! It's been such a blessing to be building relationships with the people we've been surrounded with recently. Lucas's parents are coming on Thursday night for the Labor Day weekend. We're very excited and can't wait to see them!
Have a great last few days of August! I can't believe September is almost here!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment