Sunday, September 16, 2007

I can't believe it hasn't occured to me to post about this before, but it hasn't. So here it is:


Anyone else obsessed? This summer, when I wasn't sleeping or working out or just wasting time in general, I was watching my favorite Food Network artists create some amazing works. I'm now pretty much on a first name basis with Paula, Giada, Duff, Sandra, and Ina. It's amazing how much you can learn just by watching TV! If I weren't so picky about eating certain foods and not so grossed-out about touching certain foods, I think I would totally be a chef. Alas, I'll just have to remain a chef wannabe.

I thought I'd share with you two amazing desserts that I tried out last weekend. For my grandma's birthday I experiemented with a couple of recipes from my friends Paula Deen and Sandra Lee. Paula is really just the best on Food Network. How can you not love that laugh and cute little southern accent? Not to mention her fabulous sons! I'm not such a fan of Sandra, but when I saw her make this cake, I knew I had to try it. I could go on to write a lengthy blog about all of my favorite chefs, but I'll just keep it simple today.

From Paula- Maggie's Decadent Brownies. One word: BUTTER. Actually, four sticks of butter. Which is why I will never make it again as long as I live. Mostly just because I want to keep on living. This recipe is the edible anti-christ, sure to take down everyone with arteries. But if you like chocolate and marshmallows, try it once. It was pretty incredible.

And from Sandra- Lemon Love Cake. Such a precious name and an incredibly easy cake to make. The hardest part was finding the pound cake and lemon curd. Thanks to my local Tom Thumb Flagship store, I was finally able to locate both.


So that's that, for now. Off to watch the Cowboys at my parents house. Hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

Katey said...

A. You're a dork.
B. I love the fact that as we get older we get addicted to things like the Food Network, because I watch 30 minute meals and I try to copy Rachael Ray without paying a fortune for ingredients that I can't find at the good ole Kroger. So maybe I'm just as much a dork.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I read your comment over at Mike Cope's blog under "This message brought to you by Churches of Christ."

All I have to say is, amen, sister.