Only eight more days of school, and we will be off for two glorious weeks! To say I'm excited would be the understatement of the century. A long break from each other is just what my class and I need in order to keep functioning in a semi-normal manner. Of course, what five year-old is normal? So I guess just functioning in whatever it is that's the closest thing to normal is all I can really hope for. Did that sentence even make sense? Yeah, I didn't think so, either.
Things have been just trucking along lately in our house. On Friday night, Lucas and I were going to go to dinner and a movie so we set out for Texas Roadhouse and to see August Rush. On the way to dinner, though, we decided not to do the movie because we were both pretty tired. After an awesome dinner, we came back home and I wrapped presents while my INCREDIBLE husband cleaned the entire downstairs of our house. I haven't seen it that spotless since the day I moved in! Saturday I went to lunch with Joy and got a few Christmas gifts that I couldn't buy online. I'm not quite finished yet, but I'm getting there. Have I mentioned how much I love amazon.com? Lucas loves it even more. He bought every single gift online this year. My parents came over Saturday night for dinner and we enjoyed a low key evening together.
Sunday morning, I had Big Time and worship team for the second week in a row. Fortunately, Lucas and I are both off this week! After church we went to lunch at BJs with some friends and watched the Cowboys get further and further behind. I couldn't even bear to finish watching the game when we got home because I was just sure they were going to lose. But of course, they pulled it out. I am just loving the Cowboys this year. I've always been a Cowboys fan, but it's so rewarding to be one in their really good years!
After school yesterday, I went to Wal Mart and got stuff to do all of my Christmas baking. From 5:00 to 9:00 yesterday, I cooked dinner and baked. I was so sore from being on my feet all day that I almost couldn't make it up the stairs to bed. Well, not really, but still. I was pretty darn sore. So far, I've made homemade hot chocolate, sugar cookies, and chocolate/caramel/pecan candy. After divvying the cocoa up into mason jars, I realized I forgot to add the powdered sugar, so I had to take it all back out and add the sugar, then put it back into the jars. Good thing I realized it, though. That could've been disastrous! Tonight I'm going to ice the cookies, make pumpkin bread, and make toffee. Then all I'll have left to do is assemble the goody bags and deliver them to their recipients.
I love Christmas! Hope you're all having a wonderful season as well!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
3 comments:
UGH! How do you have the energy?! You and Lucas wanna come over and do our baking and cleaning? Our apartment looks like a bomb went off. I'm about to go nuts! :)
I love you and hope you have a good day!!!
You're so cool.
Knowing what you're born to do and how to get there are two totally different things! Direction would be nice! :)
Post a Comment