Friday, December 14, 2007

Yesterday was my favorite kind of day at school...a HALF DAY! I took the afternoon off to go to the cardiologist and get a Stress Echocardiogram. Thanks to the help of meds, a good counselor, an awesome husband, and a REALLY good God, I've been doing so much better lately. The chest pains, however, have remained even through the ease of anxiety/hypochondriacal tendencies. So, we decided it was best to get it checked out by the experts as I plan to live another good, long 60 years or so. I went to the cardiologist last week and he scheduled the stress echo for yesterday. It wasn't a fun procedure, but all in all it was relatively painless. The good news (delivered by a cardiologist that looked like a mad scientist) is that my heart looks strong and healthy. He told me that he doesn't know what's causing the pain, but it doesn't appear to be anything with my circulation. Praise the Lord! I'm so glad it's not my heart, but at the same time, we're back to square one. What's causing it? Maybe I'm just getting old. I'm alot older than I've always been before, ya know? :)

Anyway, back to the half day. I got to leave school at 11:15, and my appointment wasn't until 2:00. So, in the meantime I went to Old Navy to do a little Christmas shopping. They are having a great sale this week, and I recommend anyone who has an Old Navy near them go check it out. I know it's Christmas and I'm supposed to be shopping for other people, but I got three fleece tops for myself for $24 and a new pair of jeans. And some slipper boots. I was ecstatic! Of all the things to shop for, jeans are the hardest for me. I have this weird length leg that is too long to be petite, but too short to be regular. Why don't our jeans come in inch lengths like men's? I don't get it. Old Navy, though, had exactly what I needed. Thanks, guys! I also got some fun stuff for my sister-in-law, my brother, and my future sister-in-law. A very productive shopping trip.

Here are a couple of my finds..."Old Navy, Old Navy, Old Navy Performance Fleece." Anyone else remember those horrible commercials? Well, the commercials may have been horrible, but the fleeces are not. They're perfectly lovely!

I just wanted to mention a couple of new blogs that I've added to my list that are completely worth checking out. The first is Kelly of Fabulous K Blog Designs. I've had the Fabulous K link up for awhile, but check that one out again even if you've already seen it. She's made some changes, and it's really a cool blog for girly girls like me. And after you check that one out, visit her personal blog. Its just as fabulous as her design blog! So I guess that was really two blogs instead of just one. The second (third) new blog is Ree. She's the woman behind The Pioneer Woman Cooks, another link I've had up for awhile. Her photos are great and her writing is just hilarious. You'll be entertained.


Have a great weekend! I plan to shop, clean, and relax!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am having a half day on Friday and CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!
I miss you.

Amy Renay said...

Jennifer, I found your blog through Kelly and spent the majority of Friday afternoon reading up on your life. I too am recently married (03/17/07) and got engaged after 2 months of dating. I am sure there are tons of other women that can relate to you but I just wanted you to know that I loved reading about your life and plan on checking back often. Looking forward to seeing what God has in store for you.

Amy Bunch
abunch@bmwb-law.com