Thursday, January 31, 2008

HELP!

Okay ladies, it's two weeks until Valentines Day, and I need some major help. This year marks my first V-Day as a married woman, and kind of my first V-Day with a man in general. I know that last year Lucas and I were together at Valentines Day, but since it was less than a month before the wedding, we didn't really have the time or energy to celebrate it. I've never (at least not since I was really young) had a significant other at this particular time of year, so I haven't been able to get it out of my system. And to be honest, I don't care if it's a holiday solely to make money for the greeting card and candy industries. I want to celebrate, dad gum it!

That being said, I need some ideas. What can I do for my husband that isn't totally a) meaningless or b) overdone? Is there anything you've done for your husband/boyfriend/random person that turned out well? Anything you've heard of someone else doing? The only qualification is that it can't be too expensive. No hotel stays or anything. We're doing that for our anniversary in March. And of course, I want to leave any big plans to him. (Let's hope.) I'm mostly just wanting gift-type ideas. But then again, beggars can't be choosers. So, help me out blog friends! What's a fun way to celebrate Valentines Day?

3 comments:

Britney K said...

Hey girl! Here is my advice in gift giving in general. What does Lucas love the most. Not like electonics, but what does he love like his love language. Does he love when you guys just hang out and watch movies and have a good talk, does he love when you give him a massage, does he love when you give him gifts, or does he love when you notice something good about him? It's going to take some thought to figure out what his "love language" is but when you figure it out then it will be easy to think of what to do. Call me and I can give some ideas. I LOVE DOING THIS KIND OF STUFF! And you know it's going to be cheap if it's an idea of mine. HA! LOVE YOU!

Shauna said...

Ok - we cant leave ideas on here because he can soooo read it! I have an idea for you - email me - ksmccallaghan@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Target has a cool gift right now, it is the "Everyman Jack" bath products for men. You have to go to the men's body wash section, but they are so cute! All come in woodgrain packaging. And they smell great. I love the citrus exfoliating wash. I got turned onto these this summer when I needed to get fish smell off me and wanted something to put in my shower that looked half-way decent. Anyways they are having a special that has shave gel, after shave lotion, shower get, bar soap (they look like blocks of wood!). It gives him something to be pampered with while looking manly. Ok so not sentimental, but could be something to go along with sentimental.