I know it's been awhile since my last post, and I have a really good excuse for that. Kelly at Fabulous K Designs posted about my blog design site and I've been flooded with requests for designs! I have a loooong waiting list, and I'm trying to get them done as quickly as possible, which is why I've totally been neglecting this blog. And that's just not right. So I'm going to make up for it here and now with a 10,000 word essay. Actually, I don't know how many words it will be. You can count for me when we're done, k?
Since last we spoke, much has gone on. Let's start with Spring Break, shall we?
I kicked off Spring Break with a mini-shopping spree at Old Navy. Good thing my husband loves me, because if he didn't, he might've been kind of mad. I didn't spend that much, but I did buy three dresses I didn't really need. (And then a pair of shoes the next day, but that's not the point.) After buying the dresses, we headed off to Sarah and Daniel's rehearsal/dinner. It was lovely. Lucas was playing piano, which is why we were invited. And boy am I glad we were, because we got to have dinner at Hard Eight Barbecue. Heck yes. There just isn't a whole lot that beats sweet tea, Texas barbecue, and an open patio on a Spring evening. Add some good friends to that, and you know why they call Texas the Promised Land.
The next day was, of course, the wedding. I've been waiting years (three, approximately) for some guy to come sweep that precious girl off her feet. You know how you look at some people and just think, "Wow. I can't believe no guy has taken that girl off the market!" That's how I've always felt about Sarah since I've known her. She is just one of the most wonderful women. And now I know why no one had taken her off the market. Because the Lord's timing is perfect, that's why. So the wedding was great and I'm excited to get to know Daniel better with that cute couple being in our small group!
Lucas and I took Sunday off, which was really nice. Sundays are always full with Big Time and/or worship team, so we took advantage of the fact that we were scheduled for neither! We slept in a little and then had lunch with the fam, which is something we rarely get to do. Their church gets out earlier than ours, plus the churches are 30+ minutes apart, so it just doesn't ever happen. The rest of Sunday was spent visiting my grandmother at her house and relaxing. I love lazy Sundays!
Monday my brother Brett and his fiance Rachel came into town, thus commencing the week of the two dogs. Bailey had never actually been around a dog at all before, much less a 30 pound puppy. So that was interesting. Bailey growled and bared her teeth at Juno alot for the first day or so, then they gradually came to love each other. It involved much running and butt-sniffing, but that's about it. Fortunately the puppy is still a puppy and my dog is fixed, so there was no hanky-panky going on.
Tuesday it rained. And rained. And rained. I can't really remember much about what I did that day other than going to Grandma and Grandpa's for Brett's birthday dinner. I made the cake, complete with a from scratch chocolate buttercream icing, which was really good. It could've been better, but it was my first time. Cut me some slack here.
Wednesday we went to Southlake and a whole new love affair began. Actually, two of them. Love affair number one (or should I say numero uno,) was with Mi Chula's Good Mexican. Aye chihuahua! This place was awesome. It's like Pei Wei (which is not good,) but it's Mexican (which is very good.) I got the chicken fajitas which were pretty much the best I'd ever had. The queso was awesome too, as were the chips and salsa. AND they had Cherry Coke on tap. It was just great. The only bad thing is that it's the same price as a sit down place. Actually, I guess that could work out to your benefit because it's much quicker and you don't have to tip. I highly recommend it. It's across from the Southlake Town Square. Next door to Mi Chula's began love affair number two. Swoozie's. Girly girls will love it. Men will hate it. It's basically the store I never had, but someday hope to. Combine that with Sample House gifts and throw in a small florist, and that's my future store. Like I said, someday.
Thursday was bridesmaid dress shopping and getting those two crazy kids registered at Macy's. It took the majority of the day. I did get a really cute dress, though. Fortunately, I got to pick my own! What a nice girl. That was also my brother's birthday, so we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner, then onto worship rehearsal afterwards. It was a marathon, but good.
Which brings us to Friday. I've been working on this post for two days now, so I'd better save Friday for later. I feel guilty not having posted in so long! I was planning to fill the post qith pictures and such, but it's not going to happen. Hope you all have a great weekend!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment