Monday, March 31, 2008

On the Friday night of Spring Break, Lucas took me to the Omni Mandalay to celebrate our first anniversary. This is where we spent our wedding night, so it has special meaning to us. It was so nice to get to spend a relaxing evening/night/morning there, because our wedding night/morning after was anything but relaxing since we got in late and had to get up very early to drive to Galveston. So, we got there about 3:30 or so on Friday and checked into our room which was on the 27th floor, facing Williams Square. We went to Champps for dinner since it was close, then back to the hotel. We walked around the canal and saw TONS of brides, engaged couples, and moms-to-be taking pictures down there. Crazy! After that, we went back up to the room to find chocolate covered strawberries, sparkling cider, a rose on the bed, and mints on our pillows. It was lovely! I also surprised Lucas with a small version of our groom’s cake since we ate our cake top when we got back from the honeymoon.


Our strawberries and cider (no me gusta champagne.)
.

Our amazing groom's cake!
.
I wish this bed were mine to sleep on every night!

One view from our balcony

Another balcony view

Daylight view. You can see the mustangs if you look closely.

Our two rooms. :)

The next morning, we got up and went down to breakfast at Trevi’s, the restaurant in the Mandalay. We then ventured back out to the canal where I proceeded to drive Lucas crazy taking pictures of the Kidd Kraddick in the Morning studio. I love KKITM. I’ve been listening to it for years! I know I live in the same city where they do the show, and I'm not really that starstruck, but this is the first time I've actually been down to where the studio is. So, I might’ve gone a little overboard with the pictures. This is only a few of the ones I took.

The Mandalay Canal.

Lucas and Me.

Giving Kidd the thumbs up!

Kellie's microphone/computer.

Big Al's place. Complete with picture of Bartendica.

Kidd's keyboard!

Lucas wondering why I'm taking all those stupid pictures.
.

My broken shoe. :(

After walking around a bit, we went back up to the room and just relaxed for awhile before we checked out. It was such a nice, relaxing end to the break. I love my husband so much, and I’m looking forward to many more years together!

3 comments:

LCFrohm said...

I love Kidd Kraddick too!
I find myself telling stories that I've heard them talking about, and to not sound TOO stupid I say "So my friends were talking about..."
My neighbor/walking buddy totally caught me in a Kidd Kraddick story. (I had no idea she listened to them down here!)
Nice to know I'm in good company. ;)
Congrats on one year!!
Lins

DeeDee Price said...

Hello JWalk! I tend to quietly read your blog, but I thought I would say hello for once. Brandon and I just celebrated our second anniversary in March. We honeymooned at the Omni Mandalay as well, and I am looking forward to spending an anniversary there someday. I hope that your marriage will grow this year, and in the years to come.

katie and matt said...

Fun pics, Jennifer!! I miss Kidd soooo much here in LA. I listen to Ryan Seacrest now, and it's not even close to Kidd and the rest of the crew. Did you know that our wedding photographers' studio are across from Kidd? We took our engagement pics right along there.