Friday, March 07, 2008

I've never been one of those to post show by show recaps of American Idol, The Office, or any of my other faves, but I thought I'd just throw my opinions out about this year's AI while my kids are journaling. So if you aren't an AI fan, read on for some insight or just quit while you're ahead.

The Top 12 is actually really strong this year. I'll agree when they say it's the best ever. No Sanjayas, which I think they made sure of before it even got to that point. The ones who got eliminated were all totally dead on, with the exception of Asia'h. Way to go America! I don't usually vote until it gets to the real competition, so I haven't exercised my right as a TV watcher yet, but when I do, here's who I'll be voting for:

Brooke White- Brooke is AMAZING! Not a belter by any means, but she's totally my kind of singer. Mellow, but with just enough flavor to her voice to still be interesting. Not to mention that she seems to be a precious person all around. She's my pick for the girls.

Jason Castro- The hometown boy! I saw on the message board on his americanidol.com profile (Yes- I'm a dork,) that he sings on the worship team at Lake Pointe Church in Rockwall, and I definitely love that! I'll admit that I'm not digging the dreads, but I can look past nappy hair. (Wow. Did I just say nappy?) I think he falls into the category with Brooke as far as his voice quality and style go, so it's no doubt that I like him.

David Archuleta- David is just the most precious little thing I've ever seen. Plus, he has a voice that would melt butter. He's a little young, but talented beyond his years. Even if he wasn't as talented as he is, his humility and smile would send him a long way.

David Cook- I really like his style. He did a great rendition of Lionel Richie's "Hello" this week which was just brilliant. I think he's going to bring alot of originality this season. At least as far as originality can go in a competition like this.


Although the Top 12 is great, there are quite a few I won't be voting for. Here they are:

Amanda Overmeyer- That girl cannot sing unless she's singing Janis Joplin. She has one style and one style alone that she does, and her voice sounds so gruff that I can barely stand it. Also the way she writhes around on stage is a bit painful to watch. I usually agree with Simon, but not on this one. Yikes.

Okay, so I guess Amanda is the only one I really don't like. Of course, the ones I won't be voting for is really all of them except for the four I listed that I WILL be voting for. Did that make any sense?


I love it when singers can also play instruments, and I just realized that all four that I like have played an instrument in the competition. Although I myself can't do it, it always makes me respect the singer a bit more when he/she can. So maybe I should get on that myself.

Update on the house coming soon. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Lee, Kasey, and Jameson said...

Those are all my favorites as well! I was so excited when the first 3 boys to be on the stools last night were my top three! Love you and miss you sweet girl!:)