Crazy weekend! Why does it seem that the last couple of months (or at least couple of weeks) have been so crazy? I guess things come in waves. I'm ready for ours to roll back out!
Saturday around noon we got a call from Lucas's mom in Ohio that his dad had a heart attack. They put three stints in, and they're probably going to do bypass surgery this week. So, Lucas is flying to Kansas City as I type this to meet his sister, then they are going to fly together to Columbus. They'll know something about whether or not he'll have surgery tomorrow, and they could take him in immediately or schedule something. He doesn't know how long he's going to have to be there, so he bought a one-way ticket. I made him promise me that he would come back! :) Please pray for safety in their travelling and for his dad's possible surgery and recovery. Praise the Lord that the heart attack was not massive and that his Dad is still with us. God is good!
Now back up a little. Friday night we had the inspection on our house and it went really well. No real problems with the house other than an original 1981 water heater. How does that even work 26+ years later? At least those aren't that expensive to replace. Hopefully it will go out in the first year while we have a home warranty! So, we're proceeding with the sale! For some reason with this type of sale, they can back out without penalty up until the day we close. They probably won't do that seeing as how they're pretty much desperate to get rid of it, but I guess stranger things have happened. We're just praying that whatever is supposed to be will be.
After the phone call from his mom, booking plane tickets, and a little bit of recovery, we decided to go look for furniture. Furniture is EXPENSIVE! Of course we knew that, but I don't think we realized quite how much it would add up to. Granted, the new house is big and we have alot to buy, but we weren't quite prepared for just how much. We don't want to get into debt as soon as we buy a house, and between new furniture, a new TV, and pool repairs, debt is exactly what we'd be in. So, we've taken a step back. Instead of buying everything up front, we're going to buy a little at a time. Don't be shocked if you see empty and/or mismatched rooms when you come to visit us! :)
So for the next week, I guess I'll be on my own. I hate staying by myself, so it's a fortunate thing that we're still with my parents. It'll also give me some time to get some blog designs done, so that's a good thing, I guess.
Have a great week!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
3 comments:
Hey girl! I'm so glad you are staying with your parents right now! We are praying for Lucas, his family, and YOU!
You guys are VERY wise to buy as you go with the furniture. Way to go! Suzy Ormand says that it's not the house that is the bank breaker, it's everything you want to buy when you get in your house. HA!
Call me this week if you need some company!
Hey, it's Kakie (Britney's mom). We had empty rooms in our house for several, several years and then the furniture was sparse. Our memories of those years are some of the best. It left more room to bring in table and have huge "Mexican Dinners" with sheets for curtains and no couch or "Birthday Parties". Ask Britney about her spend the night birthday parties where we invited every girl in her grade. Wild, fun and well the rooms were empty so why not! Go for it! Take your time and furnish it as God blesses you. You may find that it's not what is in your house but who you entertain. Woo hoo for you.
I know that I don't know you guys but I will pray for your family during this worrisome time. As far as the furniture goes it is better to take you time and get quality pieces that you love than to just fill the house up with furniture just to fill it. Years later you want to look back and really like your choices. It will come in time.
Post a Comment