Thursday, April 10, 2008

Last night was crazy! We woke up about 3:30 to insanely loud winds and rain and a loss of power. Since Lucas is really hot natured and our fans were no longer functioning, he got out of bed and went and sat in the other room. I set my phone alarm so I'd wake up for school in case the power didn't come back on and then went back to bed. I dozed off and on for the next couple of hours and then woke up at 5:40 with still no power. Lucas brought me a candle and a flashlight and I showered in the dark. That was interesting. I get out of the shower and call my VP and Principal, but neither of them answer. I assume we've got power at the school, so I jump in the car with my hair dryer and straightener and walk into the school at 6:30 to finish getting ready. After I got ready, I came and sat down to check my email and on our homepage, it said that there were two schools closed in Irving because of unsafe conditions. One of the schools is the school that is literally two streets away from ours. WHY NOT US??? Ugh! So not fair. Oh well.

We finally have an executed contract on our house and the inspection is this Friday! Assuming everything goes well with that, Lucas and I will be going furniture shopping on Saturday. I'm super excited about that! I guess since we've been waiting so long to find out whether we'd get the house or not, it still doesn't seem real. Hopefully, though, after this Friday we'll be able to get REALLY excited! And if that goes well, we'll close in less than three weeks...on my half birthday! What a great half birthday present! :)

Oh yeah. And THE OFFICE IS BACK TONIGHT! Where have you been, my love? Life has been especially hard for the past few months, and at times I've been angry that you left me. But don't worry. I'm welcoming you back with open arms. What's going to happen with Michael and Jan? Jim and Pam? The Dwight/Andy/Angela triangle? Kelly Kapur and Darrell? Does Michael still hate Toby? How are Phyllis and Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration? And the wonderkins? I'm so excited!!!

That's what she said.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Ahh you beat me to that's what she said. We are more than thrilled about The Office's return. Leslie suggested we throw a party and serve only jello & beets, but it fell through.

Katie said...

LOVE the new layout!!