Lucas's dad got out of the hospital today! It's only been three days post-surgery, and usually it takes at least 4-5 days, so they were all very excited and encouraged about that. Thanks to those of you who've been praying for him and the rest of us. It's nice to have support in times like these. It's especially nice for the support from those of you who I don't even really know. It's just crazy how I haven't heard a single thing from many people who read this that I know very well, while those perfect strangers have continued to check in. Just another reason that I love the blog community!
Community really is such a blessing. We all have those good friends from past seasons of our lives, those who we can not see or talk to for weeks and months at a time, but get back together and catch up like we were never apart from each other. At one point in time, they were major members of our community and we carry pieces of those relationships with us forever. That's an amazing thing, those friendships that are long lasting. As we grow apart from those friends, though, new people come in and and fill places in our community. It seems like many of my closest friends are people I've known for only a few short years or even a few short months. And of course, some of them are those I've known forever. No matter how long we've known each other, though, they are the people that we are walking with now through this season of our life. We're rejoicing beside them and crying beside them, getting angry beside them and praying beside them. They aren't just the people we check in with once in a blue moon to say "Hi!" I love the community that we are a part of now. I know that inevitably and perhaps sooner than we'd hope, this community too will shift and change. Some will move onto other communities and new ones will fill their current roles in our life. Right now, though, I am just so thankful for our community of friends and family. I know this paragraph was a bit of a ramble, but I'm just so thankful for it that I wanted to mention it. Thank you, Lord for the community you have blessed us with!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
Happy to hear about Lucas' dad...will still keep him in my prayers for a speedy recovery...and great news about Pink Armchair too!!
Amen, to everything you said about community.
I am so glad Lucas's dad is recovering so well. Praise God!!!
Post a Comment