So several people have asked about my last entry, and rightly so. It was weird. And it didn't mean much. At the time, though, that was what I was feeling. Actually, I was feeling a whole lot more than that. I just didn't feel that the Lord had released me to say anything more at that point. I was still quite angry, and in a little bit of shock, and it's never good to speak (or write) in anger. I won't say that I'm over it now, as I'm definitely not, but at this point I'm more sad than anything.
I'll make this as short and to the point as possible. Basically, some financial problems have arisen at our church and some budget cutbacks had to be made. Those cutbacks (or at least a couple of them) turned out to be people who we are very close to. We've run the whole gamut of emotions for these people and it's just hard. We respect our church leadership, but do not agree with their decision. We trust the Lord to provide in every way, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't grieve for what is happening in our church and our friends lives right now. Not only are we sad for our friends, but we are also sad about the ministries that are being affected as a result of these cuts. I'm sure there are some who might read this who may disagree with me, and that's okay. These issues are very emotional and very hard. I understand that they're hard all the way around. They're just harder on some than others.
I praise the Lord that he will bring good out of all of this, because he does make all things good.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
I heard about this from CFH, and I completely agree.
Hang in there!
Good post, Jennifer. Claudia and I were there on Saturday, but we didn't get a chance to talk to Lucas and didn't even know if you were there or not.
This is the same news that prompted my "facebook status" the other day that you commented on.
It's mind-boggling.
Post a Comment