And the winner is...
If I were a few years younger and not married, today's entry would go something like this: "Oh, David Cook. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love you when you are singing on the stage. I love you when you are sitting in one of the 'safe chairs.' I love you when you are laughing. I love you when you are crying. I love you when you respectfully disagree with Simon. I love you when crazyface stands and applauds you. I love you when you sit down in the middle of the stage with the person forced to choose the winning and losing groups. I love you when you are playing guitar. I love you when you're not playing guitar. I love you in cheesy Ford commercials. I love you on You Tube. I love you when you cover Lionel Richie songs. I love you when you're the winner of AMERICAN IDOL 2008, I love you even if America is crazy and crowns little Archie the winner. I love you." But, since I'm a mature 26 year-old married woman, I would never actually type something like this. No sir, not me!
And since I'm that mature married woman, I'll just say this: David Cook is an amazing musician. He is incredibly talented. He also seems so genuine and I was glad to hear Simon say that very thing last night. He's confident in his abilities, but at the same time, he doesn't act like he's God's gift. I also think he has the most potential to be successful. So DC, whether you win or lose, I think you're the winner.
I'd never want to take anything away from Archuleta. He is very talented. He also has to deal with that crazy stage dad, so he deserves his own mansion in Heaven just for that. But really, I don't think he has the staying power of David Cook. Sure he has crowds of pre-pubescent girls screaming his name, but I just don't see the success happening. He's basically Clay Aiken on steroids with a (little bit) prettier face.
Of course the winner doesn't really matter because they'll both get record deals regardless, but I'm just throwing my prediction out there. DC all the way!
**UPDATE: I forgot to tell you the worst part! Last night, I caught my husband sneaking in a vote for DAVID ARCHULETA! What has this relationship come to?**
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
6 comments:
I can only say: COOK!!!!
Oh I hope he wins...=)
I couldn't agree more. Archuleta will be exactly the same as Aiken (only a little less gay--a little). I know his voice is great, but he's just so boring and annoying. If Cook doesn't win this, I am done with America(n Idol).
But he probably won't. And I'm probably not.
Don't worry, I was able to get through 15 times for Cook, so I took down Lucas's vote. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who thinks Cook deserves to win! Archuleta is good, beautiful voice, but I kinda think he's boring. Maybe it's because I like to look at Cook... I mean, I would, if I were single.
I am so glad to know I am not the only one with a crush on him!! Josh laughed at me when I said I was adding him to my "list". I think he is SO cute!!! (and sexy...but don't tell my hubby).
Oh, and tell Lucas I am disappointed in him! :)
I LOVE this post! And, I love David C! Lucas and Brad can sleep in the dog house together b/c Brad slipped in an archuleta vote too! What in the world?! It's ok, I voted way more times than he did! :)
David A. was b-o-r-i-n-g. Too young....Cook's got it going on!
But hey, they're both winners.
I'm really glad Cook won.
Post a Comment