Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sorry for my lack of posting over the past couple of weeks. Between the house, school, and blog designing, I haven't had much leftover time to do much as far as blogging goes. Unless you count reading blogs, of course. I always make time for that!

On Friday we got our tax stimulus check, and it couldn't have been better timing. We got $1200 back and promptly spent $1400 on the pool. We weren't exactly planning to do that, but it couldn't really be helped if we wanted a functioning pool. My advice? Don't ever get one. I had no clue how expensive they can be. Lucas spent all weekend dealing with the pool guys, getting it cleaned and getting the chemicals put in. We'll definitely enjoy it this summer, though. We're planning to go for an inaugural dip tomorrow night!

On Saturday, I worked out with Kim, ran errands, and got a pedi! I discovered a fabulous new pedi place, Hawaiian Nail Bar. So cool! It was decked out Hawaiian on the inside and you got to choose from tons of different pedis. It was a step up from your normal nail salon, but not quite as nice as a real spa. I totally recommend it, though, because it was clean, fun, and the prices were great! After that, I picked up my dress for my bro's wedding. I think I used about a half tank of gas accomplishing those few things. And that night, we got to babysit our friends sweet girls Arden and Maggie-Kate while their parents went out. We had so much fun eating pizza, playing with Bailey, eating chocolate chip cookies, playing with Play-Doh and snuggling up on the couch with a movie. They're the funniest little girls. I hope that Lucas and I have kids as sweet as them!

This morning we went to my parents church because some old friends were going to be there and I wanted to see them. After that, we had lunch with my grandparents, helped Brit out with the ridiculously huge task she was given, and then I came home and spent five hours trying to print invitations for my brother's rehearsal dinner and for his fiance's lingerie shower. After five hours, they're still not done. Can't wait to work on that some more tomorrow! (Notice the sarcasm?)

Only 12 days of school left! I've loved my first kindergarten class, but at this point in the year it doesn't really matter how much you like them. We're all ready for a break. This week we have four days, then a four day weekend. After that, we have two more four day weeks and we're done! So exciting! Next year, I'm going to be working some with our ITS (Instructional Technology Specialist) to see if that's something I'd be interested in doing. I think I would love it! So perhaps the year after next I'll be onto something different. And speaking of different, my mom just got a new job. She's been teaching 5th grade for the past fourteen years, and last week she was offered a position as a librarian at one of the schools in Irving! She started working on her masters degree in January and she's already gotten a job.

My sweet husband has been snoring for about 20 minutes now, so I think I'll join him. Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Britney K said...

Hey girl! Hate that your pool cost so much to get up and running. Hopefully now that it's fixed though, it won't cost to much to upkeep. What do I know though. :)
Thank you so much for helping yesterday! What a major blessing!
Hope you have a great day! Love you.