Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lucas and I are heading to Kansas City tomorrow for his sister's wedding, and I'm avoiding packing. I'd rather blog. Of course, I really don't have a whole lot to blog about, but I'd much rather do that than pack. So bear with me as I ramble about unimportant things.

I went to Ross today and came out a winner. I bought three cute sundresses all for less than $15 each. I've fallen in love with dresses this summer. I think they're so much fun. I bought another sundress last week at TJ Maxx for $12. I also got a really cute short sleeve black and white polka dotted hoodie for $5.99 and some dressy crops for school for $12.99. I usually am not a huge Ross fan, because it's pretty ghetto compared to Marshall's and TJ Maxx. The good thing, though, is that the ghetto has not yet come to Grapevine. I hope that it never does!

I've been searching far and wide for black flat strappy sandals. You know the kind- the ones that are so in style this summer. I had a cute pair from Tarjay, but they broke. Twice. I'm over it. I haven't found any in stores that I like, but I have found a few online. Their prices range from $100-$550. Apparently I have really good taste. One of the dresses I bought today is yellow and white, so now I need white strappy sandals, too. Great. That should make the search even more fun!

Opinions on the iPhone? Especially the new one. I'm thinking about getting one, but I haven't completely decided yet. I've heard way more good than bad, but I just can't decide if I'm willing to pay an extra $40 per month for my cell phone. I can kind of rationalize it since we don't have to pay for a phone for Luke, but I'm still just not sure. Either way, I'm going to wait at least until next week and just pray that my phone holds out that long.

Speaking of holding out, I know five people who've died within the past three weeks. I've heard before that it happens in threes. I don't really think there's a whole lot of truth behind that, but it's just so strange that this many have happened at once. Two of the five have been my great uncles. The other three were family friends/family of friends.

Well, I'm being called to come pack. I hope that you all have a great week/weekend. If you think about it, please pray travelling mercies over us and also protection over the upcoming union of Abby and Chuck.

Love!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I too have fallen in love with dresses this summer. I have bought WAY too many, and the problem is that i only wear them on sundays! I need to go check out ross and tjmaxx. my dad got the new iphone and LOVES it. the only thing he hates is the battery. he uses it all the time though for work, email, etc. and talks on it contstantly, so that is probably more than you would, i'm talking ALL the time. his battery only has lasted about 5 hours max. my mom's lasts longer, she uses about as much as i do, and checks her email on it, but its not her "work" phone. just thought i'd throw that out there. i'm planning on getting one as soon as my sprint contract is up!

katie and matt said...

I've been an iPhone user since the day it premiered, as you probably know. I only have to pay $20 more a month, so I'm not sure if it's worth the $40. However, I will say that if I have to upgrade someday, I will happily pay the extra, because it would be too hard to downgrade! It comes in handy sooo much. The maps feature is great living in a big city, because you can look up locations really quickly and get directions! I love having my email with me at all times, but I rarely answer emails on it, because I don't feel that tied to my email. Having my music with me at all times is also wonderful. ALSO, it's great when you have an unexpected wait somewhere.... doctor's office, highway traffic, gas station... because you can just pull out your phone and entertain yourself. AANNNDDD they just added the ability to add other programs, so Matt & I are really enjoying the different things you can now do with the phone.

Why are you still reading this?? Haven't you left to go buy one, yet?!??

Katey said...

I love how obsessed Katieriggs is with her iphone. It makes me laugh, but she is correct- she does use it very frequently. I have not met anyone yet who doesn't love their iphone if that helps any at all. Other than that- where are the pictures of the wedding? And when do you start school?