My friend Kelli just posted a cool, quick guide to some key issues that each of the Presidential candidates stand for. Much to my grandparents chagrin, I don't really consider myself a Republican. However, neither do I consider myself a Democrat. I feel it's more important to vote for the person than the party, and I think that most people in my generation would agree.
Up to this point, I haven't really done a whole lot of research on the matter, but from what I have learned, I'm really liking the McCain/Palin team. The few things that I do know about Obama, I don't really like or agree with. But here's the thing- there's so much hype about Obama that I know there must be something good about him. Since I haven't done thorough research, I haven't made a final decision about who to support yet. But I know that many of you have.
So here's my question for all you Obama supporters: Why do you want Barack Obama to be president?
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
6 comments:
very intersting site. thanks for sharing. i'm not sold either way yet... still trying to learn more, so i want to hear the answers to your question too.
I recommend going to each of their websites and reading each of their issues. It's worth the time to get a true indication of what they want to do once in office, rather than relying on the news media. Here is a direct link to their issues pages. http://www.barackobama.com/issues/ http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/issues/
As for me, I know who I'm voting for but I chose not to share that information.
I have several reasons for voting for Obama, the one I'll give today is that over the last 8 years I have lost faith in the Republican party. I never was a Republican but I'm not someone who votes a straight Democrat ticket either. It's time for a shake up in the White House.
I agree at looking at the candidates websites and not relying totally on the news.
I don't have any reasons TO vote for Obama...he's an excellent speaker, but I can't say much else positive. The fact that he supports partial-birth abortion is a big deal to me...and the fact that his ideals are so close to socialism & communism. That terrifies me. But I've gotten pretty stinkin' opinionated on politics this year. I don't like McCain, but at this point it's the lesser of 2 evils, just like last election year. I do like Palin so far, though.
Well, I can't totally say for sure who I'll vote for.....BUT I will say that it's really hard. I look at each side and agree with some of their thoughts. I also believe that there is a lot of negative propaganda out there about both sides that is totally true. I don't even read any of the emails that I'm sent unless I have time to do research because you just can't believe what any of them say. Having said that, I do know ONE reason that Obama looks pretty good, and that is school vouchers. McCain wants them. I obviously support public schools. While I am a believer in choice, I don't think those in less than desirable financial situations are missing out on a good education...at least not here in Texas. Any child in a low-performing school can go someplace else if they choose to. Anyway, I could probably write a book on that, but I'm probably just hormonal or something. :o) Here's another thought too....just because one candidate preaches something doesn't mean it will happen. The Pres just doesn't have power to accomplish that alone, so I am trying to look at the issues from more of a universal ideal instead of one issue. Okay, I wrote a book. Sorry.
i agree with Jenni a/b the partial birth abortion and Obama. Obama is a good speaker, but as far as accomplishing anything..i haven't seen it. i strongly, strongly encourage all believers to go and watch the saddlback forum. you can google those words and you should be able to find it. obama and mccain were both interviewed by rick warren from saddleback..up until that point, i was torn, after I saw it, there was no doubts where i stood. i am not crazy a/b mccain, however, i can't support a candidate who doesn't hold my values, i just can't.
on a side note, jamie told me that you called dr. c's office.
Post a Comment