Sunday, September 14, 2008

Three weeks down, how many to go? It seems like no matter how good or bad a school year is, we're always counting down to summer...or Fair Day, or Thanksgiving, or Christmas, or whatever else it may be. We had Meet the Teacher on Thursday night and it went very well. The majority of my kids parents came and it was very nice to get to know them all a little better.

On Friday, I got to go to the first day of a Technology Specialist Institute that our region puts on each year. They had alot of great information, but thanks to our technologically advanced district, (and school in particular,) most of the things they talked about were things I am already very familiar with. I'm excited about the rest of the sessions, though. Hopefully they will get more advanced as we go. Listening to the technology specialist give the presentation made me really excited, though, about my future possibility of doing the same type of thing. As much as I enjoy teaching 90% of the time, I think I will enjoy equipping teachers even more! This educational technology thing is right up my alley, and I wish I'd started looking into it earlier! If any of my teacher blog friends know of technology positions available at your school next year, please let me know! There are very few technology positions in the district, so I know that I may have to look outside of my district to find a job.

In other news, I'm starting the Beth Moore Breaking Free study at church tomorrow night. I'm so excited because I've never gotten to participate in a Beth Moore group study before. I've read several of her books and even done her Living Free study on my own, but this will be the first time to share it with other women. I am praying that the Lord will do a great work in me through this study. Is anybody else doing this study? Brit? Sarah? Anyone? Please say yes!

I thought I'd leave you with this video. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this girl. Her name is Brooke Fraser and she is/was (?) one of the lead singers for Hillsong United. This is her second appearance on my blog. :) She recently released her album Albertine in the US and this is one of the songs on it. I heard it the other day on the radio and got so excited! I love her voice and her writing. Check it out if you have some time.



When the world has fallen out from under me,
I'll be found in you still standing
When the sky rolls up and mountains fall on their knees
When time and space are through
I'll be found in you

-Shadowfeet, Brooke Fraser


1 comment:

Kim said...

You would rock that technology position! I hope it works out well!

Let me know if you like the Beth Moore study!