Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I just heard Oprah say that she thinks we should all live in the house of our dreams. Isn't that sweet? Maybe she can give me some of her $500/minute (including when she's asleep) salary to buy the house of my dreams. I should ask her about it.

Has anyone else heard the new song "Britney" by Bebo Norman? If you haven't, you should seriously google it or go on youtube and listen. It's interesting. I'll give you a hint- it's about Britney Spears. If it was about some random person, I'd probably really like it. But just knowing he's singing to Britney makes it a little hard for me to enjoy. Not because there's anything wrong with Britney- I actually kind of like her. I guess the thing is that it almost seems a little demeaning to me. I know that's not what he was going for, but that's how I received it. I wonder if she's heard it, and how she feels about it.

Sorry I'm in kind of a cynical mood. I shouldn't be cynical with such beautiful Fall weather. I bought tons of fun fall decorations on Thursday night and I'm getting my house decorated for the season! This weekend we're having my mom's side of the family over for her birthday, and our worship team over for a get-together, so the house has to be totally cleaned. This is a very good thing for many reasons, but one is that maybe I'll finally get to take some pictures of the house! And maybe I'll even post them here for you to see.

Everyone around me is either pregnant or has just had a baby. Well, maybe not everyone, but it sure seems like it. It almost makes me want to have one, too.

Almost.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm not pregnant and I didn't just have a baby. I'll be your friend.

Jess said...

Hey girl! I am not prego and am not ready to be, but does it make me crazy that I cry a little every time ANOTHER person tells me they are "with child?"
I have heard the Britney song and I thought it was amazing that someone would reach out on such a publicly personal level. Very bold...in my opinion.

I am glad you found my blog. I get lost in Blog world sometimes.

If you get to talk to Oprah ask her if she'll pay off my mortgage, ok?

And, with this Praxis person on my blog,I would love to see if you can help me get rid of him and others like him.

HOw is your school year goin?

Melanie L said...

Don't give into the pressure! Sometimes I remind myself...once I have kids, it will be twenty years or so before I'm alone with my hubby again. Then the selfishness kicks in and I'm all good. ;)

Also, I love Britney. I haven't heard the song, but I read the lyrics. It does seem a little bit patronizing

Kristen said...

Umm I agree with you about EVERYONE being pregos or just having a baby...my last count was 15 and there has been many more since the count!