Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm on my lunch break right now, so I thought I'd post really quick about what's been going on the last week or so. I'm sure you're all just on the edge of your seats waiting to hear!

On Saturday I re-joined Weight Watchers, which is something I've done before, but this time I'm serious about it. I'm doing the Core plan instead of Flex which basically means that instead of eating limited amounts of crap, I can eat unlimited amounts of foods that are good for me. Instead of a quick-fix weight loss program, it's a serious lifestyle change. I know that the Flex plan is a lifestyle chnage as well, because you're being conscious of what you eat and how much you eat, but this plan is actually a way to live a more healthy life. It's not easy, but it's going to be good. I'm excited about it, and this is the first time I've been excited about losing weight since my junior year of college when I lost about 50 lbs (and then gained it all back, but that's beside the point!) This time it's going to happen.

In addition to the WW, Lucas and I started walking more regularly AND I joined Jazzercise! Don't laugh. It's SO much fun! The time seriously flies and you've done an hour long workout before you realize it. I've exercised the past six days in a row, which has got to be a record for me. :) On the days when I don't jazz, we walk in our neighborhood. This is the perfect time of year for that! And our little weenie dog enjoys it, too.

You might be wondering why I suddenly got a bee in my bonnet to do this. I guess the short answer is that I just realized that it's time. I'm a grown up now. There's no more putting it off and saying that "someday" I'll lose weight. I can't blame it on my circumstances anymore. At this point, it's my fault and my responsibility. So here we go.

In other news, Lucas got a job promotion this week and I could not be prouder of him! He's already works for a large real estate company as the IT Director for the entire Dallas metroplex (he's over about 20 offices,) but now he will ALSO be the IT Director for Atlanta, which is even bigger than the Dallas metro! We'll still get to live here, but he'll be doing alot of commuting. That's the downside, of course, but the upside is more money and greater job security. He starts next week and we're very excited about this opportunity. He's got such a great work ethic and he's SO smart and talented. I just love him and I feel blessed to be his wife!

We're going to the fair tonight with our friends, so hopefully I'll have some pictures to post from that. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Good for you on all of that! Isn't Jazzercise fun! I have a lot of friends that do it. It's so funny to me that it was so popular in the 80's and now its back. I think they should bring that the legwarmers for sure.

annalee said...

way to go girl! i LOVE WW!
and hope you have lots of fun at the fair!

Anonymous said...

Hope yall had fun at the fair. I love those things but ours here has gotten kinda nasty. You cant have fun cause you are too worried about someone snatching your purse or a kid... What happened to the ole' time fairs with safe rides and good food and animals...
Maybe we just need a new town, smile!

Leslie said...

I know exactly how you feel! I have been having that same conversation with myself lately about just making changes and being dedicated to something. It's really hard, but I am determined to do it. I'm glad you blogged about it. It's nice to know someone else feels the same way! I agree with you about Flex too. It's just eating limited amounts of trash. It didn't really work for me. Good luck with everything!