I can't believe that Christmas has already come and gone! I love this time of year so much and it always goes by entirely too quickly. My kids had a great time our last day before the break. Santa stopped by our class in the morning, we watched The Polar Express in the afternoon, and ended the year with a pizza party. By the time it was over, I needed a break more than ever!
This year we were in Ohio for the entire week before Christmas, so that made it go by even faster. We left Dallas after school on Friday the 19th and returned on Christmas Day. The trip was great, but it was SO cold. And when I say cold, I mean a windchill of -20 degrees. Insane cold. Because of the lovely frigid air, I contracted yet another cold but promptly passed it along to Lucas. The good thing about the cold, though, was that we got to see SNOW! It was awesome.
We were sad to see the trip come to an end, but glad to be coming back to our home and a reasonable temperature. It's always so good to be with Lucas's family. His sister and brother-in-law are moving to Dallas this summer, so we'll get to see them alot! Hopefully once they're here, we can get his parents to move on down as well.
When we checked in for our flight back, the kiosk asked us if we'd like to upgrade to first class for $70 each. We thought about it, but declined. I told Lucas that once we got to the gate, I was going to go talk to the person at the desk and see if we could get a free upgrade. I grabbed our boarding passes and headed on over to the counter. I asked the gate attendant if there were any first class seats available and how much it would be to upgrade. He told me it would probably be very expensive since we aren't "elite" members, but I asked him if he could work some magic for us. His supervisor walked up at that very moment and said, "Go ahead and put them in. It's Christmas!" I profusely thanked them for my very own Christmas miracle. Lucas and I enjoyed cushy seats, hot towels, and delicious artichoke pasta. Thanks, gate attendant Marius and supervisor! The moral of the story is that you should always ask for free upgrades. The worst is that they can say is no. But the best is that you can enjoy First Class for no charge!
The past few days of nothingness have been lovely. I met up with some old and new friends for lunch today at Snuffer's and am treating myself to a pedicure and lunch with my hubby tomorrow. Right now, I LOVE being a teacher. Ask me again in two weeks, though. You'll probably get a different answer. :)

1 comment:
mmm... that post makes me feel cozy. I'm glad you had a Merry Christmas! And first class! Oo-la-la!
Post a Comment