Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I've never been a big fan of January. To me, it's always meant a whole year until Christmas, resolutions I won't keep, and way too cold weather. This year, though, I'm trying to have a better attitude about January and 2009 in general. Here are just a few reasons January is going to be GREAT!

  • It's a new start to a new year and a new ME! I started the weight-loss process in October and lost twelve pounds in a little over a month. Then, the sicknesses hit: bronchitis, stomach bug, and a cold that somewhat re-awakened the bronchitis. These spanned a little over a month and my doctor told me not to work out until I was well. And then, of course, the holidays hit, which bumped me back up a little. But now that I'm healthy again, I'm hitting it hard. My big goals are 40 lbs by summer and 60 lbs by the time school starts next year. At that point, I'll re-evaluate and set my next goal. The way I'm doing it is with Weight Watchers and Jazzercise. It was encouraging to see how great I was doing before I got sick, so I know I'm going to be doing just as well now that I can get going again!
  • Reading through the Gospels in 90 days. The men at church are doing a 90-day bible reading plan and I'm going to do it with Lucas. This can only be a good thing! I'm excited to spend time daily in the Word with my husband.
  • January TV! LOST, The Bachelor, The Biggest Loser, American Idol, and new episodes of The Office. I think we need to get a treadmill. Either that, or hook up our TiVo.
  • My husband's 30th birthday! Lucas turns 30 on January 22nd. I have a birthday suprise cooked up for him, but I can't share it yet on the (WAY) off chance that he decides to read my blog.
  • Two days off school! Enough said.

Off to watch more January TV and install a blog. Happy Birthday to Melody tomorrow!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I love reading positive blogs! Nice attitude!

Karson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Hey JWalk...it's Sharon...remember me???:) I finally joined the blog world (http://karsonandsharonwilliams.blogspot.com/)and saw your blog on Ellison's. Love it:) January has always been my least favorite month also, but I'm definitely all for a positive attitude in 2009:)

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

I am thinking about doing WW too! Its definitely my priority in '09!