Welcome to my Holiday Home tour! I've been promising pictures of my house since I moved in, and the day has finally come! This won't actually be a tour of the whole house, but just the downstairs that's decorated for Christmas. This is the first Christmas in our new house, so we're still building up our Christmas decoration collection. Some of it you may recognize from last year's pictures, but I think it all looks much better in the new house.

Our first year to hang lights! We have big plans for next year, but we're pacing ourselves. That and I'm scared of my husband climbing up on our two-story roof.
.

Our lovely berry wreath greets you upon arrival. There used to be a lovely be-ribboned garland around the door, but a not-so-lovely Texas windstorm knocked it down promptly.
.

I've coveted this nativity scene for years! I collect Willow Tree figurines and I absolutely love this set. I received part of it last year for Christmas and the rest for my birthday this year. It's making its debut along with the house.
.

This angel keeps watch over the manger scene night and day. She prays fervently that no one will swing the front door open, hit the table and knock over the baby Jesus. Her prayers sometimes go unanswered.
.

Our fabulous nine-footer. Unfortunately, we can't afford any fabulous ornaments for it and I put the ribbon on it in about five minutes. We just wanted to have the appearance of a tree in our front windows. Maybe next year we'll decorate it! This tree is in the formal living room where we have no furniture to go along with the non-existent ornaments. The greenery you see to the right is the artist formerly known as Front Door Greenery (FDG.) RIP, FDG.
.

The lovely and talented dining room display. Actually, I'd be the talented one. I put that centerpiece together myself. Welding and candle-making is much easier than one might think. Notice the berries in the chandelier. It's a quick and easy touch and it adds alot!
.

So the only real Christmas decor in this picture is the snowman rug. I can't help myself, though. I must show off my amazing kitchen. It's pretty much Christmas in there year round, though...what with the color scheme and all.
.

Another gratuitous kitchen shot. Notice the Tannenbaum towel as well as the red KitchenAid Artisan Mixer...my one true love and the main reason I got married. (Sorry, honey!)
.

Kitchen and breakfast area looking into the family room...except you can hardly see it.
.

What kind of self-respecting kitchen doesn't have a touch of Queen Paula Deen?
.
I'd like to introduce you to the tree I lovingly refer to as Tree #3. You've already met #1...also known as Papa Tree. This one is the love child of Tree #1 and Tree #2. She actually made her first appearance in the above picture, but I felt we should respect Paula by making that caption solely about Mrs. Butter herself.
.

I love Poinsettias! They're so...red.
.

Our lovely fireplace and mantel which will soon be receiving an extreme makeover. (Not the decor...the actual fireplace/mantel.) It needs more drama! Maybe I can borrow some from my kindergarteners. Then again, I don't actually want a fireplace that tattles.
.

The only tree that actually has ornaments. Lovingly referred to as Mama Tree or Tree #2.
.

Mo' Mama.
.

The ornament to commemorate our first Christmas together. We've made it to Christmas number two! Please pray that my husband will be able to put up with me for at least a few more. :)
.
Gifts and our cute little train...Luke's idea. I would've gone for a bigger train, but he's a little less gaudy than me.
.
This isn't really a Christmas picture, but I just wanted to share the beautiful hand-painted wedding invitation we received as a gift. My junior high Art and Pub Staff teacher/family friend took our invitation and painted a watercolor scene on it. It does have a Christmas tree behind the picture, so I suppose that it technically can fit into a post about Christmas decor.
Have yourself a Merry little Christmas!
4 comments:
you win! most entertaining home tour by far! you were cracking me up with each caption. your home and the decorations look great! that's the color i want to paint our new kitchen too. i'm glad to hear you love it!
I love all of the red berries! Especially the wreath on the front door. It's so shiny! And your stocking are super cute!
I didn't know Mrs. G painted your invite. It's gorgeous! How cool is she?!
Your house is beautiful! Thanks for sharing--hope you all have a wonderful holiday!
Oh my goodness I love your house and your decorations!! Especially adding the Paula Deen touch:) She is my hero! Except when I'm trying to lose weight. Great job on a lovely home!
Post a Comment