What. A. Day.
So this afternoon, my kids were at PE and I was working in my room. Suddenly, the secretary comes over the speaker and says, "Do not go outside until further notice." I knew my kids were outside on the playground, so I figured the Kindergarteners were trying to overthrow the school or something. No big deal, they overthrow me every day. About ten minutes later, I walk out to go pick the chillens up and all of the teachers from the portable buildings are standing in the hallway outside my room. I ask what's going on and they tell me that one of the kindergarteners said they saw a man driving by the school and pointing a gun at the playground. Thus, the virtual lockdown. As soon as I heard it, I just had a feeling it was one of my kids that did it. A teacher standing out there told me the first name of the student who reported the "bad guy," and of course, I had a child by that name in my class.
We decide to head on down the hall to see if we can go outside to get our kids because they're back in the gym at this point. We get the okay to head outside and as soon as a I walk in, I ask the PE teacher if it was mine, and she says yes. Apparently, she told the PE teacher that there was a man driving by shooting and even showed her exactly where the bullet hit the ground.
I had a feeling my little angel wasn't exactly telling the truth, but I didn't have a chance to talk to her because as soon as we got back to the class, the cops showed up at my class, along with the VP, to ask her some questions. She told them a couple of different stories that didn't line up, and as soon as she came back in, I started drilling her about it. I knew it wasn't true. And eventually, she told me that she was "just playing."
So now you understand when I say I'm ready to be done with kindergarten.
But on a much happier note, Lucas and I are going to San Diego on Saturday morning! I surprised him tonight by giving him a trip for his 30th birthday! We're going to use the next few evenings to plan our activities. If you've been to San Diego, comment with your suggestions. We could definitely use them!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
10 comments:
How fun! We haven't been there yet, but hear that it's so pretty and a great place to spend time. Can't wait to see your pictures!
Oh my gosh. I cannot believe a kindergartener came up with that story! I don't have liars this year, but I do have a kid who keeps sitting in dog poop on the playground...on purpose. Awesome.
I've said it before and I'll say it again -- I LOVE your student stories! Purely awesome. Also, way to go on your weightloss goals. I'm back at it, too. It feels like it's gonna take this time! :)
oh my goodness! what a little punk!!
so excited about your trip! take lots and lots and lots of pictures :)
I missed it because I was watching Biggest Loser! I didn't even know about it until I got 3 phone calls asking if I knew him! I do know who he is but not more than a name & face. That's so crazy!
Hi...I randomly came across your blog & saw you are going to San Diego. So fun!! Make sure you go out to Coronado Island & you have to eat at El Indio. If you like Mexican, you will love it! It's a cool place to eat! Their website is www.el-indio.com. We are going in Feb. & I can't wait to eat there again. Sooo good! Have a great time!!
ok, so Idont even know where to start...I love San Diego. eatat Pier Cafe, shop at the Seaport Village...take the night boat over to coronado isaland and eat at the restauarnt right where they drop you off...best meal I had there. there is alos aghiradelli chocalte store...you will love it!! and for sure, atleas once, ride in teh little things where they pull you on a bike...so fun!
Your story made me laugh...while my kids are taking a practice reading TAKS test, I'm laughing out loud at your story. :) This is why I teach fourth graders!!
We were just there back in October. You definately need to go whale watching. It's a great time of year for it there. We also went to the zoo. If you do that, I recommend taking the bus a/r b/c the zoo is very hilly. But they have stuff there that we definately don't have! We went to La Jolla and went kayaking. The water actually wasn't bad and we got to see some pretty neat stuff. We kayaked w/ sharks and we kayaked right in front of Dr. Seus's house. Anyways, those are somethings that we did and we had a great time!
I LOVE San Deigo! Go to La Jolla and spend some time. It's so great! Have fun!
Post a Comment