Sunday, February 22, 2009

It has been an exciting week around here! I feel like I've gotten nothing done, but at the same time, I haven't stopped moving. Have I mentioned that I'm ready for summer? I SO am!

The lease on my Honda is up in a month, so yesterday we went to test drive a Toyota Highlander. I've been planning for a long time to get one of these when my lease was up, but had never actually ridden in or driven one. We decided it might be smart to actually check it out instead of just planning to purchase it with no experience. Turned out to be not so smart on our part, because we came home from the dealership with this:


I. Love. Her. And I'd better love her, because I'm going to have her for the next ten years. We decided to go with the top of the line since we're going to keep it for so long. She's got pretty much everything you could want in a car. I'm excited at all we will experience together in this time. She's got plenty of room for car seats, groceries, suitcases, grandparents, and friends. So now we've got the house, the pets, the car...I guess it's time for the babies! Not quite yet, though. I'd like to enjoy my scream-free Highlander for a couple years. :)


As you know, we also adopted a new puppy this past week. She is sweet and precious and will, I have no doubt, be just as spoiled as Bailey in no time. We decided to name her Maggie Mae. Maggie went to the vet on Thursday and she has ear mites, a yeast infection in her ears, and tonsilitis. I didn't even know dogs could get tonsilitis! We're giving her tons of meds and we're sure she's already feeling better. Here are a few more pictures of her.
Me and Maggie snuggle-bugging.
Using my mom's hand as a chew-toy.
Me and my two babies.
My dad with the sweet Maggie Mae.
We're loving being a two-dog home. Bailey plays so sweetly with Maggie and just lets the baby bite and jump all over her. It's hilarious to watch them play.
.
I'll be better about posting soon, I promise. Have a great week!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations! I love the car! I can't wait to see it up close!

And Maggie is SOO sweet! Keep posting pictures!

the libbys said...

FANCY! I heart the new highlanders so much....but alas! my honda will have to last me another 4 years (until i hit the 10 year mark... with ya on that. sniff sniff) But i'm actually hoping drew will cave when he sees how hard it is to get a baby in and out of a 2 door car! :)

Blaire said...

Love the car, and LOVE the name Maggie Mae! :) That's our dog's name, and she's just too precious! When we got her, she had every issue in the book, but now she is healthy (knock on wood!).

Britney K said...

TOO FUN! Can't wait to see it! New glasses too?! So cute. Uh, are we on for this summer or not so much? Just wondering what you guys were thinking...

Amy said...

I love the new highlanders! That's a sweet ride -- congrats! Maggie is just about the cutest thing ever -- adorable!

Ellison said...

Congrats on the new car! That's awesome! Your dog is so dang cute...makes me want a little puppy...for about 2.5 seconds. You didn't know dogs could get tonsilitis...I didn't know they could get yeast infections. In their eyes no less! Yikes! That must be miserable for her! I can't imagine! lol
I miss your face!

Amanda said...

Hey girl! Oh my goodness, your new little pupperoni is *too* cute!! :) Congratulations! Ok, so I *just now* saw your comment on my blogger blog! I didn't even know I could get comments, I just have this account so I can comment on other people's blogger blogs! LOL. I think I found your blog from the "incoming links" section in my webpage stats. And you better send me your handwriting ASAP!! :D TTYL! :)