Saturday, March 21, 2009

The big day has finally come and gone! My best friend and old roommate Kim finally tied the knot! She and her new husband Brett began dating when we were living together in the Fall of 2005. Three years later, they are finally husband and wife! Kim is such a wonderful woman of God and I am blessed that she calls me her friend. We have been through many stages of life together over the last twelve years or so, and every single one has been richer because she has been a part of it.

Kim and I went to school together since she was in second grade and I was in first. Strangely enough, our parents actually went to high school, too. We never really got to know each other until we were in high school at dear old Irving High, but since we were always at the same schools at the same time, I like to say we grew up together. Truly, though, we have grown up together. Because, as we all know, we do most of our growing up after we're adults. :)

Thanks to my amazing husband, I have lots of pictures of the big day! I'll only post a few here, but I've got plenty more for you, Kim! I love you and hope you have TONS of fun in San Diego!


Kim walking across the bridge with her dad, Rick.


The wedding party. Look at that sea of hot pink...or
Fuschia, as Kim calls it. ;-)


Brett and Kimberly Bacon

Kim and me right after the wedding- people always ask us if we're sisters, but I don't completely see it. What do you think?

Jenina, Jeff, Kim, and Me right before she was about to leave. Jenina and I were the Matrons of Honor, and Jeff is definitely the Best Man in our books! Jenina would probably appreciate it if I mentioned that Jeff broke up with her two days before the Fall Festival Dance in sixth grade. She still hasn't quite recovered, although she's now happily married with an eight year-old daughter. Jeff and Jenina both read my blog, so hi, y'all! :)

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love you so much! And I love, love, LOVE these pictures! Thank you Lucas for your mad camera skills! Can I pretty please have a copy of what he took? You can make me a cd, or just send me lots of emails... whatever is easiest. I can't wait to see our wedding pictures!!!