Friday, March 20, 2009

Warning: gross. Read at your own risk.

So today Lucas and I had lunch together as our last hurrah for Spring Break. When we got home and opened the door up, we could definitely smell doggie poo. Since the dogs stay in their crates (and therefore, don't want to be stuck in there with it,) I had a feeling something was wrong. I looked inside Maggie's cage, and there was doggie diarrhea everywhere! So, I picked the crate up and carried it outside, expecting Maggie to have a little bit on her paws or something. But no. Maggie was COVERED in it. Covered as in she had so much on her that she looked like she just stepped out of a bath. It was so disgusting. And of course, as soon as she gets out of the cage, she runs straight for me and starts jumping up for me. I in turn start running away from her, yelling "NO!" I run inside, strip off my white shirt and come back out, managing to hold her off until I could turn on the water hose and spray her down. Of course, the water is freezing so the poor baby is shaking, but I was NOT taking that nasty poopy dog into my house. Once I got her hosed down, I took her in and gave her a bath with Lucas's assistance. I felt horrible for her, but seriously. Do we really need to roll around in it after we've done it?

But still, she's pretty much the cutest dog ever.


2 comments:

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

ahhhh the joys of puppy-mommy-hood! :) I hope her little tummy is feeling better!!

gayle said...

Girl, I have been there! Until about 2 years ago, Monty had a very sensitive stomach.

Once, I woke up covered in it. I had to wash, him, myself, and everything on my bed.

ICK.

But I still love him!