Grad school started yesterday, and right now I'm kind of wondering what exactly it is that I've gotten myself into. It's certainly not going to be a normal summer! I'm taking two classes- one is a technology class and one is Children's Literature. Neither class should be too difficult, but there's just alot to them. This week, I have to read six everybody books (picture books) and two chapter books. The everybody books aren't a big deal at all. However, when you combine those with the textbook reading I already have to do for both classes, then throw in two chapter books on top...it's ALOT! Not to mention all of the reviews, quizzes, and journal entries. Oh well. I asked for it. And really, this week is just a warm-up. Next week I have to read fifteen Caldecotts and three Newbury books! Oh my. I will be started a blog for my book reviews that I have to do for class, so if you're a mom, teacher, or just a book lover, you might be interested in checking it out. I'll post the link once I've created it.
Tomorrow morning at 7:30 my mom is having back surgery. It's an extremely routine surgery, but you know how it is. It's still a little bit nerve-wracking. So if you would, please pray that the surgery and recovery will go well. Thank you!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
5 comments:
What if you're a dad...can you read the book reviews then too? ;)
Yikes! That's a lot of reading! I'm sure it feels intimidating, but I have to admit... I'm jealous.
Let us know how your mom is! I didn't know she was having surgery...
Sending prayers to you and your mom!!
I left you an award @ my blog. Good luck with graduate school! I don't think they realize their class isn't our only one :) And I said a prayer for your mom. My mom had back surgery a few years ago & while it was tough and a hard recovery it was the best thing she ever did!
Curious to hear how your mom's surgery went........
Praying.....
Post a Comment